Job: Redcoat - Barclays Arena / Part time Regular
Job Title: Redcoat - Barclays Arena / Part time Regular
Employment Type: Part Time
Additional Work Hours Information: On Call
State: New York
One of the foremost urban real estate developers in the New York metropolitan area, Forest City Ratner Companies maintains a strong commitment to developments that enhance local communities and encourage economic development. Based in Brooklyn, Forest City Ratner Companies is a full-service, vertically integrated real estate company with expertise in all facets of development. It is well known as a firm that consistently takes on and completes large, complex mixed-use projects.
Job Description: OBJECTIVE
Provides security at a large commercial complex. Must maintain a professional image & attitude in keeping the objectives of the company's welfare. Must be able to take direction from supervisor and able to maintain positive relationships with all management & non-management associates.
Practices and implements conduct in accordance with established policies and procedures and division motto of "Exceptional Service is Our Standard."
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND responsibilities
• To protect occupants and property from harm, unlawful acts, and emergencies.
• To enforce security policies, rules, regulations and procedures.
• Patrol Customer Service.
• Assist the Security Director.
• Familiarize all security drills and security procedures .
• Prevent access to any unauthorized persons inside the premises.
• Check all personnel and vehicles for identity before allowing entry.
• Maintain Gate Pass Register for outgoing materials and stores.
• Monitor behavior of suspicious persons, movement of vehicles and stores.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Be always alert and ready to deal with security emergencies.
• Be alert for suspicious characters, movements and dangerous situations.
• Possess good memory to remember all the codes and standard security procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• HS diploma or High School Equivalency Certificate.
• Previous Security experience required.
• Law Enforcement experience required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Valid NYS Law Enforcement Issued ID.
• Valid government issued ID.
• English speaking.
• Good communication & customer service skills.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as: safety rules, operational and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
Drug Free Workplace
Special note to third party recruiters: Forest City Enterprises values its relationships with our vendor partners. Occasionally we invite third party recruiters to assist us in filling an open requisition, and resumes must be submitted only through our talent supplier portal by those firms authorized to present candidates to us. Currently we are not seeking assistance from any third party or contingency recruiters for this position, and any resumes sent via email, internet or any other means will be considered unsolicited and Forest City will not be responsible for placement fees.