Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Technical Support Engineer
at A1 Placement
We are looking for an Associate Technical Engineer to join the IT team of the rapid growing business of our client in Staten Island. This is a client focused role that is responsible for working with the support team to deliver best in class support to our clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Retrieve and document support voicemails
- Answer incoming support calls
- Successfully document client issues, questions, and resolutions in our knowledge base software
- Manages assigned support tickets through completion
- Ability to learn and understand frontend and backend database aspects of a Laboratory Information System (LIS)
- Follow written and verbal directions efficiently
- Quickly assess problems and identify resolutions within software and hardware platforms
- Some travel may be required
- High School diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 6 months experience required. Business and call center experience is preferred.
- Should have excellent communication and English-speaking skills
- Ability to learn and work independently, as well as on a team, with a minimal amount of supervision
- Demonstrated ability to keep neat, accurate and complete records and logs
- Effective organization and planning skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Courteous with strong customer service orientation
- Excellent Windows knowledge, including XP, Vista, Windows 7 and Server grade operating systems
- Excellent and demonstrated customer service and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of computer operations including but not limited to Windows explorer, services and device manager
- Understanding of network concepts and how they work
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Should have great interpersonal skills and ability to perform under pressure
- Dependable with proficient attention to detail.
- Good listening and responding skills.