Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Data Center Engineer
at A1 Placement
We are seeking network engineers to work with the closely knit team of an NYC based software development firm. This organization encourages and rewards curiosity, collaboration, ingenuity, and technical excellence.
- Managing the entire lifecycle of servers, storage and network equipment within the facility. Including receiving, racking, maintenance, and recycling.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware or other network and physical connectivity problems.
- Provide remote hands support on physical server, network and telecommunications equipment for multiple groups
- Working closely with operations teams and vendors to ensure all server, storage, and networking equipment is operating optimally
- Coordinating and execute the replacement of failed components
- Coordinating, communicate and supervise facility maintenance
- Perform daily walkthroughs of the facility to ensure no equipment error lights or inventory discrepancies
- Ensure our cable management meets department standards and enforce environment policies
- 2+ years experience in a production data center environment
- Understanding of server components and repair best practices
- Ability to troubleshoot Dell and HP server hardware, opening support cases with vendors as needed
- Understanding of the Linux CLI
- Data Center: 3 years (Required)
- Troubleshooting: 5 years (Required)
- Linux: 3 years (Required)
- Dell and HP server hardware: 2 years (Preferred)