Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at A1 Placement
An expanding NYC-based tech company is expanding their team with additional data scientists. This is a growing company seeking individuals to grow with them, and they seek to provide an environment of on the job learning to continue driving that growth. This is a flexible position that can be filled at entry level or higher.
You’re naturally inquisitive and a prolific learner. You take the initiative to ask questions and find answers. You have a background that includes some or all of the following:
- Python and core data science libraries: numpy, pandas, sklearn, matplotlib, keras, etc.
- Geospatial data formats, standards, and libraries
- Database design, ETL, and/or querying large datasets
- Git version control and workflows
- Object-oriented programming and data structures
Interest and experience in:
- Working with stakeholders to understand a problem, create a solution approach, articulate technical results and make recommendations to a non-technical audience.
- Understanding and familiarity with remotely sensed data and the underlying physics
- Implementing detailed state of the art research methods into scientific software.
- Develop and maintain high quality, reusable code to support repeatable and globally scalable ML/AI capabilities.
- Clean, understand, and prepare unorganized customer datasets for ingestion into globally standardized frameworks.
- Create strategies to extract, transform, and unify data between disparate sources.
- Performs ad-hoc analysis as necessary to support specific project work.
- Build conceptual models to demonstrate a problem-solving methodology.
- Creating visualizations to better understand underlying relationships and communicate findings.
- Communicates with internal and external stakeholders to gain business problem clarity, obtain consensus, and develop appropriate solutions.
- Examine agricultural operations on site with field managers and agronomists, gain an understanding of the decision space of operation and identify opportunities for data science to create value.
- A Bachelors or advanced degree in a quantitative or technical degree program