Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at A1 Placement
Pay: $70,000 to $80,000/year
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 27143
Categories: IT - Computer Services & Support, IT - Hardware/Networking, IT - Internet & Ecommerce, IT - ALL CATEGORIES
A fast growing tech company is currently seeking an Engineer Associate for their Brooklyn office. This is a unique opportunity to provide desktop Engineering solutions and services like Operating System Image Development, Software Distributions, Software Patching, Software Packaging, Anti-Virus & End Point Security and VDIs.
What you will do:
- Develop and Implement a Software Update Schedule – Security Updates Distribution using SCCM and manage Patch Testing, Pilot and Production Deployment through change and Release Process.
- Software Deployment leveraging enterprise level toolsets
- Administration of Desktop Engineering and End User Computing tools like SCCM, Anti-Virus, VDIs and other End Point Security products.
- Troubleshoot on SCCM Distribution failures and Validating Packaged Knowledge on SQL Query creation for custom reporting
- SCCM Asset and software usage Reporting, Maintain Deployment Calendar and License Validation process.
- Should be able to perform basic network troubleshooting Ethernet and IP configuration.
- Support Microsoft tools and technologies like Office 365, Sharepoint, Onedrive, DNS, storage and networking as necessary
- Create and deploy Software Images for Endpoint Devices
- Troubleshooting Software and Hardware Issues
- Communicate with users to identify issues and explain solutions
- Troubleshoot and maintain physical and virtual desktop and laptop systems, printers, scanners, smart phones, etc.
- Generate reports as requested by the management
- Lead the End User Computing team if asked to
- Create new or modify Group Policies as necessary
- Keep all the End Point tool clients healthy all the times and troubleshoot the issues proactively before escalated.
What you need to have:
- 5+ years’ experience working as a Desktop Support Specialist or Engineer, in an environment supporting Windows 2008/2012 servers, Active Directory, Windows 7/10 operating systems, printers, Virtual Desktops and End Point Security products required.
- 4+ years’ working with OS and application imaging, packaging, patching, and deployment technologies, including a thorough knowledge of Group Policy Objects implementations.
- Experience supporting VDI environment
- Experience in imaging via SCCM
Really catch our eye with:
- Strong ability to work with a wide variety of end user personalities, and adjust communication methods where required.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Active listening skills, Analytical skills and Problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Strong familiarity with Windows Server 2008 R2/2012 R2, Active Directory , and IIS 7.x, VMware 6.x, vSphere.
- Working familiarity of DNS, DFS, TCP/IP, UDP, sFTP, SMTP, IIS, Exchange 2010, Office 365.
- Ability to assess, document, and implement a high level of security across all segments of the IT infrastructure.
- Understands potential impacts to processes and systems across organization and factors these into solutions. Excellent conceptualization, analytical, logic, and documentation skills.
- Must meet work deadlines, have regular attendance, good oral and written communication skills, high level of confidentiality, unquestionable ethics and integrity, good interpersonal skills, ability to work with a team, and ability to organize, and prioritize.