Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Information Technology (IT) Manager
at A1 Placement
A1 Placement is searching for an experienced IT Manager who can maintain and expand the computer networks for our client in Queens. The ideal candidate will be able to manage WAN, LAN, and SAN computer platforms, while looking for ways to grow networks in a cost-effective way to meet future needs.
You will be responsible for developing network maintenance and growth plans, creating annual and project budgets, interacting and developing training for technical staff, and keeping the executive team up to date on the latest networking technologies that could help the company to succeed.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serving as a liaison between personnel and selected IT contractor with the intent of providing uninterrupted IT services;
- Develop innovative network troubleshooting methods that reduce downtime and lower repair costs;
- Work closely with departmental managers to determine the maintenance and growth needs of the network;
- Plan, deploy, and manage installation of new hardware and software;
- Monitor changing network technology and deliver a technology update to the executive team each quarter;
- Responsible for creating and administering disaster plans that will keep the company functional in the event of a crisis;
- Immediate response to network outages, coordinating necessary resources and activities for prompt and appropriate restoral.
- Determine the rationale and methods for upgrading company network software programs each time an update is released.
- Providing training for new and existing personnel regarding the use of our IT systems;
- Assistance in the maintenance, operation, and design of the company webpage, to the extent possible;
- Developing a data retention policy; and
- Developing folder / files mapping and file naming standardization.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge and Qualifications)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in information technology management
- Office 365 experience (Exchange, Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint)
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Products (Windows Server, Office 365)
- History of development of training programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as attention to details.
- Proven ability to plan and manage resources.
- Proficient Microsoft Products (Window, Server, Office 365): 5 years (Required)
- Office 365 (Exchange, Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint): 5 years (Required)
- Information Technology Management: 5 years (Required)