Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at A1 Placement
Our client, a strong Brooklyn-based tech company with established traction and a great team fueling their growth, has a tremendous opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a rapidly growing e-commerce startup.
The IT Administrator is an integrated product and operations technology team member within our Product department, focusing on activities that ensure employees have the tools and technology needed to be effective while maintaining IT security and stability.
- Provide support to employees for day-to-day computer management
- Setting up computers for new hires and assisting with technology onboarding
- Managing IT projects such as setting up office spaces and conference rooms
- Maintains relationships and direct communication with technical support contractor (C3) and all IT vendors.
- Responsible for the general maintenance of computer network, including keeping track of computer problems, repairs, and troubleshooting, and maintaining an overall healthy network environment; the same applies for the maintenance of all other IT equipment, including local printers, phones, laptops, AV equipment, etc.
- Keeps diligent track of all IT support requests, as well as how to solve day-to-day technology needs in order to create greater staff-wide technology self-sufficiency.
- On occasion, conduct research on computer hardware and software and make recommendations for purchase; learn and implement computer hardware and software upgrades. Assist in the relocation and setup of equipment and installation of new hardware and software.
- Document IT processes and policy for teams
- Learn and grow with us – we’re excited about our growth, building our company together and having fun while doing it!
- Ability to take initiative on projects, be a self-starter, and be creative in addressing issues and problems with limited resources and excellent follow-through. Ability to work in a collaborative manner with co-workers.
- 2-3 year(s) working experience with IT helpdesk or IT administrative work.
- IT experience supporting companies of up to 50+ people
- Associate’s degree in computer science, information technology, administration, or a related field OR equivalent combination of experience and education strongly preferred.
- Ability to take ownership of responsibilities and apply independent execution to solve complex problems.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills to keep track of all IT needs while interacting with a variety of people
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Ability to respond quickly and efficiently to urgent needs and situations.
- Knowledge managing users, user administrative settings and setting up networking and server infrastructure required
- Understanding of computer security and data protection principles