Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Service Desk Analyst I
at A1 Placement
We’re looking for a sharp Service Desk Analyst (SDA) with solid customer service experience to join a seasoned development team in Manhattan. You will be customer service’s first point of contact between the end users and the IT organization. The SDA is responsible for providing exceptional customer service and first-contact support for users to resolve problems or address issues. While primarily interacting with customers via telephone, the SDA also assists customers via email and in-person regarding telecommunications, networking, personal computer hardware and software applications, and general informatics issues or concerns. The SDA is responsible for recording the details of reported IT service issues and service requests, and working to either restore service as quickly as possible, or alerting and escalating them to the appropriate specialist support groups. The position requires technical troubleshooting abilities and excellent customer service skills. The SDA reports to the IT Service Desk Manager
- A two year Associate’s degree or a four year Bachelor’s degree with major course work in computer science, information systems, management, or other related technical field. Relevant or related work experience could be considered as a substitute for the bachelor’s degree.
- Computer software and hardware troubleshooting knowledge and experience.
- Experience with various computer operating systems (e.g., Microsoft Windows versions 7 to present version; Apple versions since 2008; Linux/Unix; etc.), office-related applications (e.g., Outlook/Exchange 2010-2016; Lync; Skype for Business, internet browsers; ActiveSync; etc.), and other communications programs.
- Experience troubleshooting personal computing hardware, network printers and print queues, scanners.
- Excellent telephone communication skills, including active listening and clear speech.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a well-reasoned, objective, and independent point of view.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent ability to manage multiple high priority efforts or competing priorities and the flexibility to adjust to changing requirements, schedules, and priorities.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and understandable way while being polite and friendly through written and verbal means.
- Ability to work well with others and independently as needed. A self-starter that is always looking for ways to improve current processes while continuously learning.
- ITIL Intermediate certification or higher.
- CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, or CompTIA Server+ certification(s).
- Related work experience in a higher education or academic health care organization.
- Previous call center or IT service desk experience.
- Experience working in a bring-your-own-device (BYOD) environment.
- Experience supporting Apple OS X 10, IOS, and Android platforms.
- Apple Certified Desktop Technician certification
- Experience supporting telecommunications and voicemail support.
- Experience using an incident tracking system.