Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Technical Support Specialist
at A1 Placement
Our client, one of New York’s fastest growing tech companies, is currently hiring for a Technical Support Specialist to join their growing IT department in Queens. You will Provide effective, responsive Help Desk support to local and remote users.
- Manage user equipment inventory, system configurations, software installations and licensing compliance.
- Responsible for key operations controls including staff changes, workstation security and patching.
- Act as backup for other Information Security, infrastructure and network responsibilities.
- Provide effective, responsive desktop support for clients. Take primary responsibility for handling and tracking incoming requests received via phone or email.
- Prioritize Help Desk tickets properly and communicate updates to users and the support team as appropriate. Use proper judgment to determine problems that need escalation. Close tickets in a timely manner with accurate descriptions of resolution and time spent.
- Build strong working relationships with users to set service level expectations and align support with business requirements. Develop and implement procedures to measure and improve support and customer satisfaction.
- Improve early detection of problems and use root cause analysis to reduce the likelihood of future failures. Develop and document procedures to efficiently resolve common problems.
- Set up new users and train them on system usage, corporate standards and Information Security. Identify and implement improvements to the training program by incorporating feedback from the user community.
- Directly responsible for the security of user workstations and mobile equipment, including regular patching and maintaining appropriate endpoint security/anti-virus software.
- Manage the inventory and maintenance of end-user hardware, including desktops, laptops, printers, cell phones, tablets and associated accessories/peripherals. Ensure the documentation and secure disposition of obsolete equipment.
- Handle hardware planning and strategy, including recommending standards for new purchases. Develop and maintain an equipment plan to assign hardware and schedule upgrades consistent with user requirements and standardized profiles.
- Manage workstation configurations by standardizing base images, update packages, installation procedures and associated documentation. Incorporate Help Desk and user feedback to optimize performance and increase reliability.
IT Operations and System Administration
- Maintain and administer programs and services to manage and secure workstations, including antivirus, systems management and software auditing/metering.
- Monitor the status of data backups and replication. Record proper completion of backups. Document and resolve any issues encountered.
- Backup support for infrastructure and systems administration responsibilities and special projects, as required.
Software Licensing and Compliance
- Ensure compliance with software licensing agreements by maintaining an accurate and up-to-date tracking of software purchases, license keys and installations.
- Document license compliance on a periodic basis for audit and control purposes.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- IT purchasing, including specification and ordering of hardware, software, peripherals and supplies.
- Assist with the development and testing of development projects.
- Create, update and organize technical documentation for reference by other staff.
- Handle other duties, responsibilities and special projects as assigned or needed.
- Technical Support: 3 years (Required)
- Microsoft Server: 3 years (Required)
- Telephone moves, adds and changes (VIOP): 3 years (Required)
- Help Desk/Remote: 3 years (Required)
- VMWare View: 3 years (Required)