Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at A1 Placement
Pay: $55,000 to $60,000/year
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 27154
Our client, a fast growing iOS devops team, is currently seeking an experienced Junior Programmer to join their team in Manhattan. The Junior Programmer must have a broad range of technical and business knowledge including knowledge of object-oriented programming and web technologies.
This position will be responsible for reviewing, analyzing, evaluating, and documenting business systems and user requirements to ensure alignment with overall business objectives
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage projects for assigned systems and applications
- Provide staff and users with assistance solving technical and functional issues with applications and systems
- Administration of application security including user account creation and deactivation
- Use object-oriented programming languages along with client/server application development processes and Internet technologies to solve business problems
- Work with users to understand and document technical and functional requirements for new and existing systems
- Configure, expand, or modify systems to respond to new business needs or improve work flow
- Create and maintain application documentation including, but not limited to, technical, end-user, FAQ, change/configuration management, disaster recovery, and functional requirements
- Train staff and users to work with computer systems and applications on an as-needed basis
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Regular and consistent attendance
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent IT systems experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a systems analyst or development role
- Familiarity with client/server concepts, relational database management concepts, object-oriented development concepts, and system development life cycles.
- Must be able to multi-task and perform a wide variety of tasks while maintaining focus on overall goals.
- Must be organized and able to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Knowledge of modern programming languages including C# .NET
- Knowledge of scripting tools and languages used to automate repetitive tasks
- Knowledge of and experience with relational database systems including Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL
- Ability to create SQL queries and generate reports using reporting tools
- Experience with Crystal Reports is preferred
- Interpersonal and communications skills must be adequate to effectively communicate with team and group members, other IT groups, and users