Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at A1 Placement
A1 Placement is looking for a qualified SQL Programmer for the rapidly growing business of our client in Manhattan. You’ll be responsible for designing, developing, testing, implementing, and maintaining reports and reporting systems using generally accepted computer programming languages. This role will work with the business operations teams to develop, enhance, and maintain databases, queries, & reports.
- Responsible for systems & code analysis, requirements definition, systems design, development, integration and testing, acceptance, installation, training, maintenance and support.
- Responsible for maintaining and creating ad hoc & custom reports, SQL Scripts, Advance Searches, and queries.
- Plan and analyze new/modified automated solutions/processes; work with users and IT to determine optimal solution scope.
- Provide analysis services for business data needs, troubleshoots data issues, validates result sets, recommends and implements process improvements as well as viable solutions.
- Ability to utilize Visual Studio in creating and deploying SSRS reports.
- Work closely with internal customers analyzing problems and to create and maintain reports, maintaining SSRS Reports and ad-hoc SQL scripts
- Responsible for creating concise design specifications according to current methodology and maintaining all user and back-end documentation
- Possess strong communication and analytical skills to effectively elicit, capture, develop and implement customer requirements.
- Work closely with IT Director, Senior Management and staff to meet the information needs of the organization
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Experience using SQL Server 2008-2012, SSIS, SSRS, Windows Power Shell scripting, and Windows Operating Systems.
- Experience using Crystal Reports or similar report writing tool.
- Experience with Application development platforms (Visual Studio 2012) and programming languages (C#, C++, VB, JS, HTML, XML, markup languages).
- Proven ability to independently perform development, testing, implementation, documentation, and updates as it relates to development.
- Advanced MS Suite skills.
- Must be able to write complex queries, stored procedures, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business or equivalent, preferred.
- Three to Five years of professional experience in programming; or equivalent combination of education and experience.