Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Part Time Consumer Electronics Sales Representative - EPT
at Advantage Solutions
- Primary Posting Location : Address
- 1851 Sunrise Hwy
- Primary Posting Location : City
- Bay Shore
- Primary Posting Location : State/Province
- Postal Code
- Primary Posting Location : Country
- Requisition ID
- Position Type
- Part Time
- Retail Sales Merchandising
Part Time Consumer Electronics Sales Representative - EPT
Our part time weekend Consumer Electronics Sales Representative jobs offer you the chance to take your passion for technology and excellent customer service skills to really grow brand awareness and sales in store. You will be responsible for working both Saturdays and Sundays, proactively engaging customers, answering product related questions and closing the sale. This role incorporates a mixture of sales, training and brand advocacy as you will also have responsibility for training retail sales associates in store.
Things to Consider:
- Shifts are Saturday and Sunday from 12:00PM - 5:00PM.
- Conference calls are typically Wednesday nights or Saturday mornings.
- Competitive Pay Rates
Take this opportunity to join North America’s leading business solutions provider and build your career working with amazing people in a growing industry! Apply today!
What We Offer:
- Part Time Benefits (Dental, Vision)
- 401(K) with company match
- Vacation Time
- Paid Training and ongoing career development
What You’ll Do:
- Driving product sales in-store through clear, respectful customer interaction
- Educating customers and retail associates on the product through product demonstration and merchandising.
- Collecting data via call reports and maintaining knowledge of our client’s consumer electronic products
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associate's Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- General computer skills and daily Smart Phone/Internet accessibility
- 1-2 years of sales, marketing, customer service or event promotion experience a plus
- Basic technical knowledge a requirement, advanced technology skills and abilities is a plus
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Retail Sales Specialist (RSS) is responsible for servicing and selling to retail accounts within an assigned territory to assure client standards are met and volume is increased. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, ambitious, and driven to succeed. This person should also have strong communication skills with the confidence to influence key decision makers at store level. They must possess excellent organizational skills and have the ability to work independently.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet client and Company objectives by maintaining full distribution on all authorized SKU’s.
Customer Relations (Internal/External)
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively both internally with the Company management and externally with all Customers
- Sell at store level “live orders” on multiple clients (>5 clients) in over 50% of their stores on the monthly basis.
- Increase sales volume through promotional activity by selling and building displays, creating themes with related items to support holiday/special promo events, and making plan-o-gram adjustments when necessary.
- Increase sales volume by constantly suggesting and completing orders for new and out-of-stock items.
- Maintain client objectives by insuring all authorized client items represented on the shelf have accurate and complete tags and making certain that un-saleable or out-of-code product is removed.
Shelf Standards and Conditions
- Will work on the authorization of items to meet Client shelf schematic standards. Must be able to take direction regarding tagging, rotating, and placing POS materials for products on shelf.
- Achieve client goals and objectives by effectively managing stores within your territory and executing projects and standards.
- Increase brand representation and effectiveness through establishing and maintaining customer and client relationships.
- Spend over 4-days per month in preparing and making wholesaler sub-group headquarter calls with a minimum of four sub-group calls.
- Will complete accurate and timely paperwork and reports, recaps, itineraries, timesheets, expense reports, etc.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel is not an essential duty and function of this job.
Driving is an essential duty or function of this job.
Education Level: (Required): High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
(Preferred): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
0-2 years of experience in retail, Client, or food broker
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
- Basic computer skills including familiarity with Word, Excel, and Internet usage
- Ability to follow up
- Mathematical and analytical skills
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Field / Administrative Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office, field, retail store, or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: engage in considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds, stand on feet for long periods of time, use products or cook food as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections). Also required to travel and drive. The use of proper safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is essential.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws including Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinances. All of our positions require the satisfactory completion of a background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.