Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Job Reference #: 1427
Alutiiq Pacific, LLC is currently recruiting for part time and full time Security Police Officers at Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) located in New York, New York with varied shifts and hours.
- Responds to a variety of calls/incidents, secures/safeguards crime scenes, perform crowd control as required, performs personnel, and building facility checks, First Aid and CPR as required, and completes all required reports, forms, and other documentation IAW established procedures.
- Staffs post continuously and provide access control; deters/reports unauthorized personnel or vehicular entry, directs traffic and provides information to visitors, operates magnetometers and screens packages.
- Safely maintains and qualifies with assigned weapon, maintains uniform and grooming standards IAW company policies.
- Conducts flag protocols.
- Safeguards all assets and escort persons and equipment.
- Provides prisoner transport and security to prisoners when necessary.
- Conducts any other assignments in accordance with established SOP’s.
- Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this position requires U.S. Citizenship status.
- Possess a Social Security Card issued and approved by the Social Security Administration.
- Possess and provide proof of at a minimum, either a HS diploma or GED equivalency certificate or a higher degree.
- Meet one of the following experience/education requirements for Security Officer positions:
- Three (3) years Physical Security experience within past five (5) years, or
- An Associate’s degree, or at least 60-semester hours college credit in any field of study, or
- Three (3) years military or National Guard experience, (active or reserve) or
- Successful completion of Police Officer Standard Training (POST) course, or
- Any reasonable combination of the above
- Speak English fluently, read and comprehend written English, and compose coherent written reports in English
- Meet and/or exceed medical/physical requirements to include Physical Agility Test
- Must complete the NASA Protective Services Training Academy and obtain Government approval.
- Must pass a Psychological evaluation
- Must pass a drug test