Apple Bank for Savings
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Branch Manager
at Apple Bank for Savings
New York, NY - Church St.
# of openings:
Assistant Branch Manager
New York, NY
The Assistant Branch Manager provides supportive leadership to the Branch Manager by playing an integral role in the achievement of sales, service, and operational performance goals for the branch. The incumbent in this position ensures that business development goals are being met, and that the Bank’s policies, procedures, and controls have been implemented to protect the Bank against monetary loss. The Assistant Branch Manager supports sales initiatives aimed at leveraging products/services in an effort to increase deposits, accounts, and customers of the branch. In the absence of the Branch Manager, the Assistant Branch Manager is expected to be fully capable of managing the branch, including the teller unit, platform and other ancillary operations. The Assistant Manager must also have the ability to adapt accordingly to meet challenges in a dynamic industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the Branch Manager by overseeing the efficient operation of the branch, ensuring operational functions are being properly performed by staff in accordance with established policies, procedures and controls of Bank.
- Handles all operational issues and branch-related matters in effective manner, making sound business decisions.
- Provides supervision, coaching, and mentoring to teller and platform staff, in order to reinforce positive behaviors; assist with the development of staff in sales, service and operational functions.
- Supervises the day to day operational functions of the teller unit and platform areas of the banking floor.
- Identifies and mitigates operational risk to ensure ongoing adherence with compliance procedures; implements action plans to improve operational controls and mitigates controllable losses while optimizing the customer experience.
- Oversees compliance functions including reconcilements, audits, reporting, controls, records management, approvals and opening/closing procedures, ensuring all security procedures are strictly followed.
- Cross-train on all branch positions in order to perform all operational duties as needed, during peak periods or to maintain teller function coverage.
- Ensure the branch receives an audit grade of “Satisfactory” or better.
- Serves as a primary troubleshooter for problems and complex client service needs incurred at teller line; monitors quality and efficiency of customer service delivery at branch.
- Serves as the liaison between the branch and various departments to ensure that full transparency exists regarding Bank policies and procedures.
- Enhances customer satisfaction by consistently engaging and connecting with customers to exceed service expectations in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of all Bank products, services, procedures, policies and appropriate regulatory issues related to daily job functions including: Bank Secrecy Act; Privacy; Fair Lending; Regulation E; deposit transactions, personal loan accounts, mortgage and equity loan originations, cash management, and electronic services.
- Strives to meet all assigned sales goals by following the Bank’s business development model and utilizing the resources provided.
- Assists the Branch Manager with implementation of sales programs, utilizing sales coaching techniques to ensure established branch goals are attained.
- Executes upon sales opportunities with new and existing customers to increase deposit growth; make referrals for non-deposit products and promote new business as well as cross sells additional products/services.
- Provides ongoing coaching to staff regarding sales techniques and product knowledge, motivating them to embrace sales culture and consistently offer suitable Bank products and services; stay abreast of new products, services, and promotions and educates/supports entire branch team.
- Assumes management responsibility in absence of Branch Manager.
- Supervises, coaches, trains, and develops staff regarding service expectations, policies, procedures, products, systems and banking transactions; conduct performance appraisals and counsel employees accordingly.
- Assists the Branch Manager with personnel decisions as appropriate including hiring, scheduling, disciplinary actions, and evaluating performance.
- Prepares daily, weekly and monthly reports (i.e. potential losses, cash items, sales, etc.); reconcile branch general ledger accounts.
- Performs other job related duties or special projects as assigned
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs all operations duties, as needed, during peak periods or to maintain coverage, including teller functions
- Conducts staff meetings to discuss bank/branch objectives; establish priorities in order to ensure compliance with established policy and procedures.
- Makes sound decisions regarding the approval of customer and or bank transactions within authority limits, weighing customer satisfaction issues versus Bank exposure to loss or fraud.
- Notarizes legal documents for bank customers.
Skills, Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 4-6 years of experience in customer service/supervisory role within a banking/retail environment.
- Minimum 3 years of operations experience, preferably in banking.
- Excellent customer service/sales skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of branch operations and banking regulations
- Effective problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to maintain composure when interacting with customers and staff.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office suite of products) and possesses banking software experience.
- Demonstrated comfort level with technology such as mobile services and online banking services is a plus.
- Motivate and achieve results through the effort of others.
- Proven ability to stay current and comply with industry regulations.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends.
- Qualify to be licensed as a Notary Public for New York State.
Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental, Vision, 401k and Tuition Reimbursement to full time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.