Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Development Associate
at Ascend Learning
Ascend Learning; LLC (www.ascendlearning.com) is a leading provider of technology-based educational, curriculum and assessment solutions for high-growth careers in a range of industries, including healthcare, fitness and wellness, and insurance and financial services. We provide outcomes-based solutions aimed at helping people enter, sustain and succeed in their chosen fields. Ascend employs more than 1,000 employees, with headquarters in Burlington, Mass., and offices in Kansas City metro, Phoenix metro, Minneapolis-St. Paul, Walnut Creek, California, Ann Arbor, Michigan, New York, and the U.K.
Who We Are
BoardVitals brings together content from major publishers, universities, and top healthcare professionals, creating the largest training ecosystem in medicine. BoardVitals helps healthcare professionals prepare for medical board exams, recertification exams (MOC), fulfill continuing education requirements, and in-service exams offering high-yield content in over 30 specialties.
BoardVitals is looking for an experienced sales and development professional to join our team. They will be the key point of contact for our external sales team, tasked with building upon our existing relationships within their sales organization. They will be the heart of our B2B accounts, leveraging their strong communication skills to cultivate relationships with clients and key partners. Their attention to detail will lead to personalized experiences and solutions for our partners and clients.
This person will be results-driven, customer-oriented, and enjoy working in a team environment. Ultimately, they will boost sales and contribute to BoardVitals’ long-term business growth.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services
- Customize product solutions to increase customer satisfaction
- Build long-term trusting relationships with clients
- Report to leadership on sales results
- Stay up-to-date with new products/services and new pricing/payment plans
- Build a deep knowledge of the BoardVitals product line, with the ability to support the sales team with product questions
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up
- Understand customer needs and requirements
- Route qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales executives for further development and closure
- Present our company to potential clients and perform effective online demos
- Close sales and achieve quarterly quotas
- Conduct market research to generate lead lists, and identify key stakeholders within institutions
- Accurately and efficiently set up new accounts
- Ensure accounts are renewed in a timely manner
- Ability to identify and advocate for product improvements based on client and salesforce feedback
- 3 or more years of proven work experience in business development, inside sales, or similar role
- Prior experience in the medical education or healthcare space a plus
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to prioritize and triage inbound requests
- Proficient with corporate productivity and web presentation tools
- Experience working with Hubspot or similar CRM
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques
- Familiarity with MS Excel (analyzing spreadsheets and charts), Google Suite
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
- Warmth, empathy, and a sense of humor when interfacing with clients
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a no job too small attitude
- Ability to work from our NYC office as needed
Education and Experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
Ascend Learning, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (M/F/Vets/Disabled). No agency or search firm submissions will be accepted. Applications for U.S. based positions with Ascend Learning, LLC must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.