Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Operations
at BASIS Independent
Director of Operations
|Office:||BASIS Independent Manhattan|
BASIS Independent Manhattan is seeking qualified candidates for a Director of Operations!
Who We Are
BASIS Independent Schools is a network of PreK-grade 12 private schools raising the standards of student learning to the highest international levels. In five years, we have established five leading private schools in some of the world's most dynamic regions, including New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent Schools is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working professionals to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What We're Looking For
Independent Manhattan is seeking a Director of Operations to support a culture of academic excellence and ensure the success of our PreK-8 students. This position is highly focused on school and student services. As a member of the school operations team, the Director of Operations works closely with the Head of Operations on the development and maintenance of customer service protocols, procurement and budgetary management, and the planning and execution of logistics and numerous operational processes to ensure excellent service standards for students, families, and staff.
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the four main departments (Auxiliary Programs, Facilities, IT, and Front Office) under Operations to support their daily objectives
- Participate in the planning, execution, and policy setting of the transportation (e.g. bus routes, MTA, arrival and dismissal procedures) and lunch programs
- Serve as the main point of contact for parents regarding accounts receivable questions and issues and liaison between parents and the central Finance team
- Perform budget management in conjunction with the central Finance department, including bookkeeping and inventory, tuition and fee collection, and purchasing, procurement, and contract negotiation and execution
- Oversee front office and train staff on protocols for phone calls, student pick-up, FAQ responses, and record logs
- Oversee the orders and distribution of supplies and maintain inventory
- Assist with internal school events and ensure proper execution; being on-site when needed
- Assist with coordination and implementation of facility rentals
- Collaborate on creation of robust auxiliary and summer programs, oversee their budget creation, and ensure associated revenue targets are met
- Assist with the coordination and logistics of student field trips
- Support the Operations team by updating student accounts, assisting in the on-boarding process for new employees, and coordinating logistics for faculty and staff summer training
- Work collaboratively and proactively with the Admissions team by providing logistical support for prospective family events
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree and 3-5 years of work-related experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport with a diversity of individuals
- Sound understanding of operational planning and customer service standards
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Superb organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and remain flexible
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to create process where there is none
- Ability to work in teams and across departments
- Confidence with public speaking to students and families
- Experience working within an educational setting
The Nitty Gritty
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Retirement - Your future financial well-being is important to us. Even if you don't contribute to your 401K, we will contribute 3% and will match up to 9% after five years.
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. To show our appreciation, we offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools.
Note: BASIS Independent Schools, LLC (BINS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. BINS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.