Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at BASIS Independent
|Office:||BASIS Independent Manhattan|
BASIS Independent Manhattan is seeking qualified candidates for a Kindergarten Teacher for the 2019/2020 school year!
Who We Are
BASIS Independent Schools is a network of PreK grade 12 private schools raising the standards of student learning to the highest international levels. In five years, we have established five leading private schools in some of the world's most dynamic regions, including New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent Schools is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What We're Looking For
In this teaching position, you use your passion for your subject to inspire and teach higher-level content than what is typical for young students. In the classrooms, you work collaboratively with elementary teachers who are responsible for managing the social-emotional and academic development, periods of transition, and parental communications for a cohort of students.
BASIS Curriculum Primary School Teachers are knowledgeable, passionate and believe in developing independence, responsibility and autonomy in students at a young age. Our 1-4 classrooms are co-taught with not one, but two elementary teachers co-creating with students at all times. Our Learning Expert Teachers (LETs) cultivate a joyful learning culture where hard work is celebrated and where intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary student outcomes. Our Subject Expert Teachers (SETs) focus more intensely on student academic growth in their particular area of expertise. These two types of elementary teachers collaborate within our symbiotic classroom to find the best ways to deliver a top-tier education, ensure student engagement, and create an environment where students will understand and retain what they learn. Our elementary teachers love teaching and our students love learning. BASIS Curriculum teachers celebrate the art of elementary education and, guided by the belief that any child can excel, our elementary teacher' deep pedagogical expertise ensures that each student receives a world-class education.
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Build a positive classroom community to ease classroom management, improve student attitude toward learning, and create an environment where students feel welcomed and supported.
- Create intervention and enrichment activities to supplement core instruction to heighten the trajectory of their academic and personal success.
- Teach lessons in reading, math, science and social studies in an interactive learning environment to deliver exceptional results for all students.
- Instruct students in executive functions to develop skills of autonomy, responsibility and independence.
- Establish effective school-to-home and home-to-school communications to involve parents and families in their students' education.
- Guide student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect and individuality in all students.
- Implement the BASIS Curriculum by working closely with a teaching fellow to deliver effective and creative lessons and assessments to display your passion for teaching and educate students at an internationally competitive level.
- Collaborate with other BASIS Curriculum Teachers to form a community of smart, talented and interesting people who are passionate about their work and readily willing to work in a professional and academic environment.
Essential Teacher Qualifications
- Able to differentiate instruction
- Has experience teaching or tutoring with respective age group
- Able to create positive classroom community and build relationships with students
- Able to engage students in rigorous content and well-planned, well-paced lessons
- Skilled in classroom management (high warm and high firm)
- Has excitement, joy and passion for teaching kids and personal development/learning
- Has strong verbal and written communication skills with kids, employees, and parents
- Open to feedback and continuous growth
- Creative in instructional and classroom management strategies
- Cooperative, supportive, flexible
- Well organized
- Has a strong work ethic and do whatever it takes mindset
- A Bachelor's degree in the subject area (coursework or experience in education is not required, nor is certification)
- Master's degree in Teaching or Education. Together with a high level of educational attainment, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills in teaching ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence
- Critically, an applicant must possess a high GPA in his/her major
- Excellent recommendations
- Experience working with children (not exclusively in the classroom)
The Nitty Gritty
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package. Candidates must have the ability to obtain a fingerprint clearance card.
Note: BASIS Independent Schools, LLC (BINS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. BINS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.