BNP Paribas Securities Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Data Management Team Leader
at BNP Paribas Securities Services
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1902RSK2146
Categories: Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director)
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 4,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
Within the RISK ERA department, RISK Strategic Analysis and Reporting (RISK SAR) consists in servicing the Chief Risk Officer, the General Management and the Board, as well as the RISK business domains, for each type of risk on 4 themes: Data management, Risk regulatory requests, Portfolio and strategic risk analyses, Capital calculation for market, counterparty and operational risk.
RISK SAR is a worldwide department, located in Paris, London, Brussels, New York, Hong Kong and Lisbon.
Data Management is in charge of implementing the data management framework, in consistency with the BCBS 239 regulation (Basel Committee on Banking Supervision), for credit risk and operational risk which encompass the followings:
- Norms for the definition of the operational norms for credit risk data, meant to provide a consistent approach and understanding of the concepts and its correct implementation in systems, across the Group
- Data Servicing and Solutions (D2S) to provide to internal clients, agile data environment for credit risk and operational risk and to implement automated solutions for analysis and capital calculation
- Data Quality Office (DQO) to orchestrate the data quality framework for credit risk and operational risk and to assess the quality of data, in closed interactions with the BNP Paribas entities and relevant stakeholders.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will integrate the RISK ERA SAR department in Lisbon and you will be responsible of the Data Management framework, covering the Data Servicing and Solutions and the Data Quality Office activities. In this position, you will be particularly in charge of:
Supervising the data servicing and solution activities in Lisbon
- Maintain an agile data environment and automated solutions for analysis and capital calculation
- Support the RISK ERA SAR Analysts in Lisbon for the data analysis
- Control the reliability and integrity of the data environment used in Lisbon
- Contribute to the transformation of the data environment and the automated solutions
- Promote the innovation in relation with relevant stakeholders
Supervising the data quality activities in Lisbon
- Contribute to the data quality framework: production of data quality indicators for Group forums…
- Support the resolution of data quality issues in relation with BNP Paribas entities and relevant stakeholders
- Contribute to the data quality controls and reconciliations to ensure reliable data environments
Developing and managing the Data Management team in Lisbon: Innovation, Recruitment, Talent identification, Permanent control activities…
During your integration programme (3 months in Paris), you will participate to training sessions and you will work closely with the RISK ERA SAR teams, clients, contributors to develop your technical and functional knowledge and your network.
What are the interests of the mission?
- You will work in a dynamic and international place
- You will contribute actively to the transformation of the RISK function
- You will develop your managerial skills
- You will acquire strong technical skills related to SAS and TABLEAU solutions
- You will become an expert of the data quality processes
- You will boost your knowledge on the risk management
- You will develop your knowledge of the Group and its activities
- You will extend your network through BNP Paribas
- Master degree
- Solid managerial experience in consulting firm, transversal department of an international company
- Knowledge on Basel regulation and /or credit risk products (corporate, retail…)
- Knowledge of BI tools (e.g. Cognos, TABLEAU) and/or SAS environment
- Data crunching skills
- Fluent in English, French appreciated
- Leadership and capacity of interaction with multi stakeholders
- Organizational skills to anticipate the production of deliverables
- Rigorous mindset to work on data model
- Capacity to work in project mode
- Capacity of innovation and adaptation in a transversal environment
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.