Bronx Neighborhood Stabilization Program
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Early Childhood (Preschool) Special Education Teacher Assistants - Brownell Early Childhood Program
at Bronx Neighborhood Stabilization Program
- Job ID
- # of Openings
Rising Ground is a leading social service agency dedicated to supporting children, adults and families. Working together, we create strong foundations for success. Our agency currently serves more than 11,000 individuals and their family members through 43 programs at 27 locations throughout the New York City area. In our Head Start, Early Head Start, Universal Pre-Kindergarten and Child Care programs, teachers and staff provide the guidance, stability and assistance that young children need to thrive, striving to inspire a love of learning. From play to structured lessons, our work with young children encourages them to actively question, explore and experiment while gaining a solid foundation for future success in and out of the classroom.
- Assist the Teacher with learning activities with individual students and with small group activities.
- Assist the Teacher in observing and recording student behavior
- Assist the Teacher in the preparation of instructional materials, bulletin boards, learning centers, etc.
- Assist the Teacher in providing a learning environment conducive to learning.
- Assist the Teacher in keeping classroom records and individual student records, as required
- Maintain classroom supplies and equipment.
- Participate in staff meetings, team meetings, parent meetings.
- Participate in staff development/training, as required.
- Assist students with activities of daily living, as needed.
- Translate written materials and interpret for students & family members, as appropriate.
- Perform other related work as requested by the Program Director.
- Minimum of high school diploma, Associate of Arts/Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish)/ESL certification, preferred
- Three years of work experience in an early childhood setting with children 2.9 to 5 years old
- Minimum of Level I - New York State certification as an Assistant Teacher
- Excellent oral and written communication skills