Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Facility Maintenance Team (Porter)
at Brooklyn Boulders
OUR STORY: In 2009 Brooklyn Boulders (also known as “BKB”) opened its first facility in an old newspaper factory in Brooklyn, NY. Since then, we've grown and evolved beyond what we even thought was possible. Inspired by climbing and community, we're setting out to revolutionize the climbing and fitness industries by integrating them with unique art, culture, and entrepreneurship experiences.
We live and breathe our CORE VALUES. They’re what makes BKB…BKB!
GET WEIRD Be yourself. BKB is your creative playground.
CO-CREATE Trust your team. Results are stronger when we collaborate.
BE RELENTLESS Attitude is everything. Take risks. Fall hard. Get back up.
MAKE IT BEAUTIFUL Create something extraordinary. Be proud to share it. Never stop improving.
MAKE IT AN OPEN HOUSE PARTY Encourage diversity and inclusion.
WE ARE: Combining work, life, and play. We're creating and fostering a diverse community of climbers, creatives, fitness enthusiasts, and entrepreneurs all under one roof. Our community is our lifeblood. Whether it's through special events, climbing classes, or everyday interactions in our collaborative workspaces, our work is motivated by our commitment to providing them with inspiring experiences and exceptional opportunities.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
The Facility Maintenance Team keeps our physical spaces looking great, making it beautiful for our community members, ensuring they have the best possible experience in our space. We’re looking for someone with prior professional cleaning experience, ideally in the fitness or hospitality industry. Candidates must take direction well and be able to adhere to a strict shift checklist. The ideal candidate is a hands-on problem solver who isn’t afraid to work hard and takes pride in seeing a job well-done.
It’s time to get weird with Brooklyn Boulders.
- Clean all restrooms in the facility on an hourly basis and fill out the Total Spotlessness Always checklist following each cleaning.
- Stock locker rooms with towels and amenities as-needed.
- Wipe down all fitness equipment in the facility on an hourly basis.
- Conduct continuous spot-cleaning with a focus on dust and chalk control.
- Deep clean all co-working spaces once per shift.
- Openers and closers will be expected to:
- Vacuum and damp mop all bouldering mats and floor surfaces.
- Clean all exterior glass.
- Deep clean all staff spaces.
- Mop all polished concrete and tile floors.
- Fully stock all restroom, locker room, and co-working space amenities.
- Prior professional cleaning experience, preferably in a commercial setting.
- The ability to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance
- The ability to reach overhead and below the knees, with the capability of bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. You may be required to stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- A strong sense of motivation and a drive to see a job done to the best
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING and our Facilities Maintenance Team members are...
- Enthusiastic about cleaning!
- Willing to get their hands dirty and do the hard work of keeping our facilities spotless.
- Service-minded, with a passion for the hospitality and/or fitness industries.
- NOTE: All team members will require a background check prior to start of employment.
- Free membership for employees
- Complimentary membership for a significant other or family member
- Unlimited free guest passes for friends*
- Discounts on personal training, retail, and guided outdoor adventure trips
- Free access to non-competitive youth programs for children of employees
- Company offered health, dental, and vision plans
- Generous paid time off policies
- Generous parental leave policy
Though our Team Members come from a wide range of experiences and are as unique as our business, we are all united under our ultimate promise: belonging and inspiration through experiences that engage imagination, passion, and physical potential! If you're excited by the prospect of co-creating with a hard-working, driven team of individuals, we're excited to talk with you about a future at Brooklyn Boulders.
*With your application, please provide your resume and cover letter*
Currently we are looking for someone who can work four 4 hour shifts a week totaling 16 hours.
The hours we are looking for would be our opening shifts from 6:30am-10:30am and our closing shifts from 8:30pm-12:30am. Please only apply if this works for you.