Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Carmel Partners
Carmel Partners is a well-capitalized private real estate firm with expertise in investment and development of multi-family real estate. Our mission is to create high quality communities using innovative ideas and solutions to enhance the value of our investors, associates and residents.
We are seeking a detailed Preconstruction Estimator who will participate in all phases of pre-construction, including but not limited to the design phase, budgeting, creating timelines, creating bids, and coordinating with local agencies that have jurisdiction.
Who you are
You’re a detail oriented work horse that takes pride in producing thorough, accurate and error-free work product. You’re adept at communicating on the page and in person, and you’re good at building relationships. This comes in handy when you use your negotiating skills, which have a real influence on others. Managing multiple assignments under time constraints is no problem for you. Your strong analytical and decision-making skills are a key part of your success, and overall, you’re highly committed to operational excellence.
What you’ll do
- Assist in management of the design phase of the project and coordinate work between consultants and Design Build Subcontractors
- Prepare and submit quantity take off’s, budget estimates, progress reports, and cost tracking reports
- Perform constructability reviews
- Responsible for value engineering
- Assist in site logistics studies
- Manage pre-work subcontractor orientation meetings, ensuring documentation is completed for each subcontractor, including material deliveries, site-specific safety, sustainability and quality control issues.
- Conduct pre-construction meetings with subcontractors, assisted by the Preconstruction Manager Project Manager and/or Superintendent
- Attend and participate in meetings with Architect/Engineer and provides information for the preparation of progress reports
- Schedule the project in logical steps with budgets and timelines required to meet deadlines
- Create and maintain pre-construction and construction milestone schedules
- Assist in the bidding of projects
- Assist in the preparation of contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, vendors, and subcontractors
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff and project team
- Coordinate with all local agencies that have jurisdiction
- Study and redline job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods
- Work closely with Preconstruction Manager, Project Manager or Project Director to ensure success during the construction phase
- Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, state and federal laws (e.g., OSHA, ADA, Fair Housing, etc.)
- Attend work as scheduled to support the ongoing success of the company
- Other duties, responsibilities and special projects as assigned
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Civil Engineering or related field
- 5 years’ experience in construction or civil engineering or related field
- 3 years’ experience in residential construction project management
- Comprehension of local building codes, construction methods and key consultants and Subcontractors.
- Extensive computer knowledge: Windows (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), internet and e-mail
- Working knowledge of construction and project management software Estimating Software (Procore, Timberline, Smartbid, Bluebeam, etc.)
*Must be able to successfully pass a drug screen.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Carmel Partners does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, religion, color, creed, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, disability, military status, sexual orientation, or any other consideration which violates federal, state or local laws.