Catholic Health Services of Long Island
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Advanced Practice Provider-Per Diem - OB GYN MLPS
at Catholic Health Services of Long Island
OB GYN MLPS
Rockville Centre, NY
Physician Assistant – OB-GYN
Per Diem * Varied Shifts * Varied Hours
Explore a career with Mercy Medical Center, a 375-bed not-for-profit hospital and member of the Catholic Health Services of Long Island that has been serving the healthcare needs for the residents of Nassau County and its surrounding areas since 1913. Ranked among the top hospitals in New York State, Mercy offers a NYS designated Stroke Center, Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, and has received Pathway to Excellence designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center – the only hospital in the region and one of only two in NY State to receive this prestigious award.
The OB/GYN PA evaluates and manages all pregnant patients and female patients admitted with gynecological complaints under the supervision of an attending physician. The PA acts as a first assistant for caesarian sections, assists in Labor and Delivery and evaluates patients in the outpatient clinic in conjunction with the attending physician. Demonstrates and promotes service excellence at all times.
· Timely and thorough review of Ob-Gyn clinic lab results, sonogram results and patient prescriptions
· Participates in the medication reconciliation process on admission, discharge or when transfer of care to another provider or level of service
· PA may first / second assist the physician in any obstetrical / gynecological major surgical procedure
· Ability to prioritize the clinical needs of the Ob-Gyn service and use time efficiently
· Timely countersignature of all orders (i.e. telephone orders and delinquent charts)
· B.S. degree in accredited Physician Assistant Program
· 2 years OB/GYN experience preferred
· Current registration with NY Education Department as Physician Assistant
· NCCPA Certification
· ACLS, BLS and Infection Control Certificate
· Bilingual Spanish a plus
MERCY MEDICAL CENTER
A Member of the Catholic Health Services of Long Island
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V