Catholic Health Services of Long Island
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director, Enterprise Management Systems - IT Administration
at Catholic Health Services of Long Island
992 North Village Avenue Rockville Centre, NY 11570
Catholic Health Services of Long Island (CHS) is an integrated health care delivery system with some of the region's finest health and human services agencies. CHS includes six hospitals, three skilled nursing facilities, a regional home nursing service, hospice and a multiservice, community-based agency for persons with special needs. Under the sponsorship of the Diocese of Rockville Centre, CHS serves hundreds of thousands of Long Islanders each year, providing care that extends from the beginning of life to helping people live their final years in comfort, grace and dignity.
- The Director of Enterprise Management Systems, under the direction of the Vice President – Application Systems, coordinates, oversees, and reports on all components of Enterprise Management Systems projects and ongoing application support. The Director is responsible for ensuring that projects are on track for both timing and budget, and brings risks or issues to the attention of the Vice President and/or Project Steering Committees. This individual:
- Works with leaders in Information Technology: Patient Financial Systems, IT Application Systems, IT Technical Services, IT Security Services, IT Field Management, and IT Client Services management and other IT staff as required to guide projects through successful implementation and to ensure continued quality support of existing applications and processes.
- Works with Leaders in Supply Chain, Finance, and Human Resources as they guide the operational, facility-based activities of implementation projects or to enhance the use of existing products in the team support portfolio.
- Works with Project Managers from within the team and from the Project Management Office to appropriately structure project implementations by determining and documenting Project Goals, Project Scope, Project Requirements, Project Staffing, Project Risks and Mitigation and overall Project Planning. Assists with Development of the Budget for projects.
- Oversees activities required for acquisition of products required as start of scope: Requirements, Request for Proposal (RFP), Demonstrations, and vendor selection.
- Oversees the operating and capital budgets for the Enterprise Management Systems team.
- Oversees the management of project plans, ongoing issues/resolutions.
- Oversees the Enterprise Management Systems team support activities, including system upgrades.
- Provides formal communication to the VP-Application Systems.
- Has or gains a solid understanding of the Infor Lawson S3 suite of applications including Financials, Supply Chain, and Human Resources.
- Has or gains a solid understanding of technology components required for the Infor Lawson S3 suite of applications including related products.
- Manages the formal documentation of scope, cost, schedule, issues and quality of projects and support.
- Responsible for ensuring continued support of all applications covered by the team:
- Reviewing Service Desk tickets and ensuring team follow-up
- Ensuring product upgrades are performed to maintain applications on a supported version
- Communicating IT initiatives to the team
- Applications supported by the team:
- Infor Lawson S3 modules: AP, MA, CA, CB, PO, IC, RQ, GL, HR. PR, LP, AM
- Infor Lawson related applications: Fax Integrator, Smart Reconciliation, Lawson Business Intelligence, Design Studio, Crystal Reports, Requisition Center, Web Time Entry, Microsoft Office Add-ins, Infor Process Automation, Lawson Security, EDI for Healthcare, Mobile Supply Chain Mgmt
- Other: BSI Tax Factory, EPSi, MHC Document Express and Document Self-Service, Agility, Oracle Essbase, Kronos, Excel-based Time Entry Tool, StrataJazz, Smartlinx Scheduling and Time & Attendance, ANSOS
- Legacy support: Infinium, Star, Eclipsys
- Communicates with business leaders in the facilities, and CHS central offices as needed.
- Works with Financial, Supply Chain, and Human Resources Leadership and Facility Leadership as required for projects to coordinate business and operational tasks, internal communications and change management to ensure that the appropriate considerations and preparations are in place for each project.
- Responsible for monthly review of departmental accounting reports: Responsibility Report, AP Detail Report, Expiring Service Contracts Report.
- Responsible for annual preparation of the operating and capital budgets for the Enterprise Management Systems.
- Ensures the security of sensitive data (SSN, DOB, payroll data) stored in the supported systems is maintained at all times.
- Works with the external auditors each year to ensure their reliance on systems for financial auditing purposes; responds to audit requests timely.
- Responsible for ongoing employee feedback and annual employee performance appraisals.
- Contributes to and consistently applies CHS Services' policies, procedures and benefits to all customers and/or employees by effectively working with all customers and CHS personnel without discrimination.
- Performs related duties as assigned and unrelated duties as requested.
- Bachelors' Degree in Information Systems/Computer Science, Health Care Administration, Accounting, or other related degree from an accredited university, or equivalent experience is required. Master's degree desired. Application-specific certifications are a plus.
- Experience leading teams and the ability to effectively manage staff, project tasks, and deliverables.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and documentation skills are essential for guiding the team in addressing system and/or user issues, testing/implementing new software applications/fixes, cataloging user requirements. and
- Strong communication and organizational skills for working within the organization as well as for interacting with software vendors and consultants.
- Strong project management skills with hands-on experience using IT process and project management tools and techniques. In-depth knowledge of system development life cycle methodologies.
- Ability to design, manage and implement system activities associated with key business functions and develop, prepare, and coordinate project reports and weekly briefing updates as required
- Strong business orientation and ability to develop solid working relationships with all levels of management and staff.
- Experienced in developing and managing financial budgets and targets.
- Understands and commits to the Catholic healthcare ministry. Subscribes to the philosophy and values of Catholic Health Services.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communications skills.
- Effective human relations and personnel management skills.
- Creative, innovative and flexible in responding to rapidly changing needs and priorities.
- Minimum 7 (seven) years of experience in Information Technology is required.
- Self-directed and motivated professional with a desire to assist the organization achieve its business objectives.
- Prior operational experience in Finance, Supply Chain, or Human Resources is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS-Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint is required.
- Proficiency with reporting tools such as SQL and Crystal (or similar) is required
- Understanding of project lifecycle concepts, structure and methodologies required.
- Programming experience with Visual Basic, Java, or similar is preferred.
- Direct experience working in a Health Care environment highly preferred.
- Direct experience working with Infor Lawson Software preferred.