Catholic Health Services of Long Island
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Analyst, Revenue Cycle - Revenue Cycle Administration
at Catholic Health Services of Long Island
Revenue Cycle Administration
992 North Village Avenue Rockville Centre, NY 11570
Catholic Health Services of Long Island (CHS) is an integrated health care delivery system with some of the region's finest health and human services agencies. CHS includes six hospitals, three skilled nursing facilities, a regional home nursing service, hospice and a multiservice, community-based agency for persons with special needs. Under the sponsorship of the Diocese of Rockville Centre, CHS serves hundreds of thousands of Long Islanders each year, providing care that extends from the beginning of life to helping people live their final years in comfort, grace and dignity.
Manage underpaid insurance balances that are unable to be resolved through routine follow up activities. Analyze payment discrepancies for trends, contract interpretation and rate load issues. Position requires a thorough understanding and knowledge of managed care contracts, practice and policy.
- Quantify and communicate trends in payer activity.
- Assist in the validation of contracts as loaded in contract management systems.
- Works with Managed Care Directors on recovery efforts tied to identified variances.
- Conducts follow up activities with payers as assigned.
- Conducts rate analysis for rate recycling.
- Prepares and maintains revolving spreadsheets.
- Prepares settlement files.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of payer dashboards.
- Trains new analysts for Escalation Unit
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree preferred, comparable work experience considered in lieu of bachelor's degree.
- Proficient in designing, building reports and analyses in various Microsoft based data analysis tools. Proven experience working with large and complex SQL databases preferred.
- Ability to analyze and accurately summarize complex claims data and effectively communicate conclusions
- Previous experience with analysis preferably in a healthcare or managed care setting.
- Experience with hospital billing and or decision support systems a plus.
- Strong knowledge of the managed care environment including provider, payer, and employer.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.