Catholic Health Services of Long Island
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SVP, General Counsel - Administration
at Catholic Health Services of Long Island
CHS Services Inc
992 North Village Avenue Rockville Centre, NY 11570
Catholic Health Services of Long Island (CHS) is an integrated health care delivery system with some of the region's finest health and human services agencies. CHS includes six hospitals, three skilled nursing facilities, a regional home nursing service, hospice and a multiservice, community-based agency for persons with special needs. Under the sponsorship of the Diocese of Rockville Centre, CHS serves hundreds of thousands of Long Islanders each year, providing care that extends from the beginning of life to helping people live their final years in comfort, grace and dignity.
Serving as the chief legal officer for Catholic Health Services and its entities, the General Counsel is responsible for leading strategic and tactical legal initiatives for the health system. Working collaboratively as a member of the executive team with leaders across the organization s/he will provide effective advice and strategies to ensure Catholic Health Services operates in full compliance with all applicable laws and in accordance with best practices. The General Counsel is expected to be a highly engaged leader who adds a strong health law background to the team and remains active in the practice of law. S/he is expected to provide a proactive and collaborative approach to the legal framework of the business issues associated with a dynamic and growing integrated health care system. The General Counsel is responsible for leadership and management of the Legal Affairs Department. The Legal Affairs department includes experienced and well-seasoned attorneys as well as paralegal and support staff. Requirements:
- Law degree from an ABA accredited law school.
- Active Member of New York State Bar
- Minimum of ten plus (10+) years of experience in health care law.
- Demonstrated success managing in-house and external counsel for a large, complex, integrated organization.
- Demonstrated success as a member of a collaborative executive leadership team.
- An understanding of tax-exempt bond financings.
- A track record of building high performance teams.
- Experience with transaction law (including vendor/supplies/service contracts, physician relations issues) and public policy, advocacy, community benefit and government relations expertise.
- Prior experience with effectively managing litigation strategies and public scrutiny is highly preferred.
- Experience with compliant and competitive arrangements for attracting and retaining medical groups and physicians.
- Exceptional communication skills in all public and private settings, including strong formal presentation skills.
- Excellent persuasion and negotiation skills.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.