Centers Health Care
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Centers Health Care
Director of Recreation/Activities
Essex Center is actively looking to hire a full-time Activities Director for our Skilled Nursing Facility located in Elizabethtown, NY. The ideal candidate will have prior Activities Director experience in a Long-Term Care setting, an upbeat energetic personality, and be tech-savvy.
- Responsible for developing, implementing & supervising all recreational services.
- Responsible for maintaining and developing recreational budget.
- Plans individual and group recreation services, both therapeutic and general.
- Responsible for creating exciting & therapeutic recreation programs.
- Directly supervises all recreation assistants and volunteers.
- Responsible for all necessary documentation.
- Provide and monitor individual guidance and motivation to employees.
- Member of the interdisciplinary & management teams.
- Plans a monthly resident council meeting (and any other resident committees such as food committee) and is the staff liaison for the resident council president and other resident executive committee members.
- Takes minutes of meetings and ensures that all resident concerns are addressed.
- Coordinates community grass roots programming and serves as facility representative at local events.
- Responsible for maintaining a bi monthly newsletter and maintaining facility social media program (Facebook).
- Must have recreation experience working in a Skilled Nursing Facility.
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in Therapeutic Recreation.
- Minimum 1 yr. of Activities Director experience.
- Must possess current CTRS certification (or equivalent).
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Must enjoy working with the senior population.
Essex Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is a 100-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in Elizabethtown, New York. Our size enables a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his or her individuality. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, by maintaining each resident’s dignity and independence. Essex Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care Consortium. NYE3799 LB123
Centers Health Care is a fully integrated post-acute care continuum offering rehabilitation and skilled nursing services in more than 45 locations covering four states. In addition, we provide special services including in-center and home dialysis, ventilator care, and care for those with Alzheimer’s. The Centers Health Care family offers Skilled Nursing, Urgent Care, Managed Care, Renal Dialysis Services, Clinical Laboratory Services, Adult Day Health Care, and Assisted Living services, as well as every level of Home Care. Centers is well known for our commitment to our employees, offering outstanding ongoing training and development, career advancement opportunities, competitive pay rates, generous compensation packages and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer –M/F/D/V