Centers Health Care
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nursing Home Rehab Aide Part-Time
at Centers Health Care
Rehab Aide / Department Assistant
Granville Center is actively seeking a motivated Part-Time Rehab Aide to assist in our Skilled Nursing Facility's Rehabilitation Department in Granville, NY.
The rehab aide requires a CNA license
The Rehab Aide assists in the delivery of rehabilitation services under the supervision and direction of rehabilitation personnel within the disciplines of Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech-Language Pathology as allowed by state and federal regulations. Transports residents on active therapy program, as well as assists in therapy related activities assigned by rehab personnel. Responsible for clerical duties assigned by the Therapist Managers and other rehabilitation staff for timely and organized maintenance of equipment, medical records, soft charts and other documentation. Basic computer work and data entry may be required.
- Assists in direct therapy service provision by carrying out delegated, selected patient related tasks under the direct supervision of a therapist allowed by state and federal law.
- Transports patients/residents to and from therapy department safely and efficiently. Transportation responsibilities include: advancing to the next resident if previous resident is not ready (notifying therapist when returning to department), ensuring that resident’s feet are on the foot rests when applicable, ensuring resident is in correct wheelchair by checking name tag on back of wheelchair, ensuring appropriate seat belt or seat alarm is in place, ensuring oxygen tanks have sufficient oxygen and notify nursing and /or therapy when low, transports one resident at a time, and upon completion of therapy session returns resident to unit, nursing station or dining room, if requested. Do not return resident to their rooms unattended unless instructed.
- Escorts independently ambulatory residents to the rehabilitation department when requested.
- Provides additional physical help for patient transfer and safety needs under the direct supervision of a therapist or therapist assistant. Assistants do not perform clinical tasks reserved for licensed therapists or therapist assistants.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety of the rehabilitation department’s physical environment and assigned equipment.
- Oversees maintenance of equipment in accordance with infection control safety guidelines.
- Responsible for maintenance and replenishment of daily needs of clean linen and other commonly used items. Returns used/soiled linens to housekeeping per facility protocol.
- Completes assigned clerical duties, such as computer data entry, photocopying, filing, answering the phone, retrieval of therapy related documentation and other paperwork.
- Maintains a record of equipment maintenance and cleaning schedule as assigned by the therapist manager/s.
- Performs routine inventory and informs the Therapist Manager/s of stock replenishment needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
- Participates in quality improvement activities as assigned by the Therapist Manager and/or Corporate Director of Rehabilitation.
- Responsible for service and operational excellence of all assigned activities to ensure the delivery of quality services required to meet or exceed the expectations of patients / residents, families, caregivers and customers.
- Exhibits courtesy, compassion and respect to patients, residents, families, caregivers, visitors, physicians, administrators and co-workers.
- Adheres to established confidentiality standards, including but not limited to HIPPA regulations and internal company policies.
- High school diploma or equivalent. One year experience in a health care setting preferred. Current certification as a Certified Nurses Aide (CNA) required.
- Writes and understands English; Basic computer skills.
- Ability to function effectively in multi-faceted systems and to interact effectively with all levels of staff and customers.
- Demonstrates good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Interested in assisting those in need, and enjoy working with the elderly.
We offer the Following:
- Excellent Compensation
- Great Benefits Package
- Professional Growth & Stability
- Innovative Training Programs
- And much more!
Centers Health Care is a fully integrated post-acute care continuum offering rehabilitation and skilled nursing services in more than 45 locations covering five states. In addition, we provide special services including in-patient and home dialysis, ventilator care, and care for those with Alzheimer’s. The Centers Health Care family offers Urgent Care, Managed Care, Adult Day Health Care, and Assisted Living services, as well as every level of Home Care. Centers is well known for our commitment to our employees, offering outstanding ongoing training and development, career advancement opportunities, competitive pay rates, generous compensation packages and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer –M/F/D/V