Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
C#/.NET Software Developer # 127506
at Credit Suisse
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 127506
In Quant Strats Technologies team we are responsible for implementing, testing and deploying financial quantitative models as applications and/or software libraries, for use within Credit Suisse globally.
This is a C#/.NET Developer role, involving a mixture of the following:
- Implementation, optimisation & maintenance of calculations components, leveraging our in-house software frameworks.
- Implementation of data processing feeds, that deliver data to and from the calculations engine.
- Close collaboration with our financial modelling team and internal partners such as front office users and our IT team.
- Extending and enhancing our core software frameworks.
- By joining our team you will focus on the in-house technology that underpins our next generation strategic risk and exposure calculation systems. These systems provide valuation and sensitivity information across our trade portfolios and are the core calculations infrastructure for a wealth of internal and external business reporting. As such, these systems are key to our trading businesses globally, businesses with users in New York, London, Zurich and a host of other offices around the world.
This demanding role involves working with extraordinary individuals in a dynamic global environment. It involves regular and frequent interaction across the modelling group, in addition to collaborating with multiple IT groups across the bank. It necessitates excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines. Knowledge of financial modelling is not required for this role.
Open to discussing flexible/agile working.
- You can develop, test & debug sophisticated numerical calculation software in C#.
- You are able to quickly understand C# software and frameworks.
- You are fluent in English.
- You possess strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- You are a dedicated self starter with positive personality and you love sharing knowledge with others.
- You hold an undergraduate degree with honours in a quantitative field such as Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or Physics or have equivalent level commercial experience.
The following will be advantageous:
- Knowledge of functional programming, F# and/or dependency graph architectures.
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases.
- An understanding of commercial software development practices, e.g. Agile/Continuous Integration.
DIVISION: In its Investment Banking business, Credit Suisse offers securities products and financial advisory services to users and suppliers of capital around the world. Operating in 57 locations across 26 countries, Credit Suisse is active across the full spectrum of financial services products including debt and equity underwriting, sales and trading, mergers and acquisitions, investment research, and correspondent and prime brokerage services. Our commitment to providing outstanding service to our clients, our focus on teamwork, diversity and excellence means our recruitment of the extraordinary people is essential to our success.
QUANTITATIVE STRATEGIES Technologies : The goal of this team is to partner with our financial modellers and IT teams to deliver analytics functionality internally within Credit Suisse. The team focuses on developing advanced analytics libraries and applications that directly support our trading business and clients globally.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Private medical care
- Life insurance
- Pension plan
- Charity days
- Training and development
- Internal Mobility
- Language training course
- Family – nursery and kindergarten funding, gift vouchers for Christmas
- Parking allowance
- Health promotion: Multisport card, sporting events and groups within Credit Suisse (skiing trips, football team, running team, tennis training course etc.)
- Employee discounts on various products and services (event tickets, consumer products, etc.)
- Relocation package
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible work schedule and working from home (home office)