Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Legal Services Vendor Manager - Sourcing & Vendor Management # 137442
at Credit Suisse
As a next step in the evolution of Credit Suisse's Third-Party Risk Management (TPRM) framework, the bank's Sourcing & Vendor Management (SVM) function aims to increase its vendor management capabilities covering the bank's key operational vendors by establishing the Vendor Management Office (VMO). The VMO will work with divisions and corporate functions across the bank to deliver a consolidated/aggregated vendor view that enables Credit Suisse (CS) to better manage overall value, risk and performance of its vendor relationships.
The Non-IT Vendor Manager role will directly manage specific vendor relationships and also partner with Vendor Managers situated within the CS business divisions/functions (encompassing multiple global contracts). The main focus will be on Vendor Relationship Management, Performance Management, Governance and Financial Management activities within the overall VMO framework.
- A dynamic position in a diverse environment where you will have a chance to help take the function to the next level, beginning from implementation (first approx. 6-12 months) by supporting the strategic evolution and the execution of the VMO Framework together with the Non IT VMO team lead, the larger VMO team, respective Sourcing team leads and divisional business partner
- The authority to oversee vendor governance activities and key contacts (including roles/responsibilities) to ensure the appropriate vendor interaction takes place to support the VMO framework
- Developing and executing strategies for managing vendor relationships
- Responsibility for driving internal CS compliance with the VMO framework and continuously informing as well as engaging with business partners involved in vendor relationships (i.e. SVM Sourcing, SVM TPRM, CS business divisions and functions) and advise contract managers situated directly within the CS business divisions and functions
- Close collaboration with SVM Sourcing to ensure the performance of vendors and that the strategic direction of the vendor relationship is aligned to respective category strategies
- Ensuring that vendor performance issues and disputes are tracked, managed and resolved according to standardized processes
- Monitoring Vendor productivity and quality performance against contractual obligations to ensure overall effectiveness of services provided by vendors
- Supporting continuous improvement by means of root cause analysis and pattern analysis of key vendor issues; collaboration with cross-functional internal and external functions to aid the design and implementation of VMO enhancements over time
- Measuring, managing and reporting on satisfaction related to each vendor relationship
- Enabling continuous monitoring of vendor performance against contractual service level agreements through creation of dashboards, scorecards and/or reports
- Be a part of a highly motivated team that operates in a fast-paced environment and is open to flexible working models
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- Prior experience in the legal services industry, including managing large contracts and/or customer accounts for outsourced electronic discovery and legal service
- Minimum 5 years of overall work experience in a Vendor Management, Sourcing or customer account management and service delivery
- Ability to interpret and manage a range of third-party agreements incl. the ability to advise internal clients on contract interpretation and relationship management strategies; identify and address legal and business risks; ensure compliance with regulatory and internal policy requirements
- Experience working in an international multi-cultural environment
- You have distinctive communication and presentation skills that allow you to get along with and reach consensus among participants from multiple functional areas and leadership levels
- You actively partner with and influence colleagues and vendors at all title levels, enabling you to quickly gain trust and build up strong working relationships
- Dedicated problem solving capability with a positive, strong personality and can-do attitude who loves to handle multiple challenging priorities and assignments
- Fluency in English; proficiency in German would be a plus
- A Law Degree is strongly preferred