Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Prime/Global Custody Attorney # 136103
at Credit Suisse
- Provide legal support for Prime Services businesses advising on legal and regulatory matters and initiatives, including analyzing impact of new laws and regulations
- Global Custody lead for US and EMEA, including responsibility for CS's agreements with custodians and providing legal support to Global Network Management across various markets (e.g., advising on risk assessments of custodians and markets, etc.)
- Lead advisor on customer asset protection matters (including U.S. broker-dealer customer protection rule and U.K. CASS rules) and other key legal and regulatory matters related to custody (e.g., AIFMD)
- Advise, support and drive key strategic initiatives and transactions in relation to custody and clearing arrangements, such as legal entity restructurings or migrations
- Advise on legal and regulatory matters in relation to client-facing custody arrangements and agreements (Special Custody Account Agreements, Account Control Agreements, sub-custody agreements, etc.)
- Advise on operational matters impacting CS (ex. corporate actions, settlements, proxies, cash wires, journal transfers, standing instruction letters, etc.)
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- Juris Doctorate and member of the Bar of the State of New York or equivalent educational and legal qualifications for the U
- 5-10 years of relevant experience as an attorney including 2-3 years of financial services legal experience
- Strong knowledge of various Prime Services businesses and financing structures, general contract law, securities laws, broker-dealer regulation, insolvency and secured transactions law
- Strong management skills and strong ability to coordinate internally (ex. with stakeholders from different disciplines such as Credit, Risk, the business, Tax, Operations, and GNM)
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize effectively; ability to work under pressure and efficiently without compromising quality