Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Design Manager
- Project Management/Program Management
Lehrer Cumming is a hands-on owner advisory firm that offers strategic guidance — including project management and other related services — to owners, developers, and institutions in and around New York City, New Jersey, Boston, Washington, D.C., and Florida. Lehrer Cumming offers an environment that fosters creativity and problem-solving, and rewards team members for exceptional client service, collaboration, and a focus on continuous improvement and results. At Lehrer Cumming, we see ourselves as leading industry consultants with a reputation for extraordinary professionalism and expertise.
If you share our drive for success and our commitment and passion for satisfying our clients, you will find an array of career possibilities here at Lehrer Cumming. Our firm is currently looking for a Senior Design Manager for the project management office for our Design-Build Projects. This position reports to the Project Executive.
- Responsibilities include the overall and daily oversight of the design and engineering process for the new building and its connections to the existing structure and new transformer project.
- Work collaboratively with the owner and the project management office’s construction and commercial managers.
- Work collaboratively with the PM team to provide owner with advice and detailed guidance and explanation throughout the design process. The design manager is one of the main points of contact for the owner on design and engineering issues, and shares with the overall team the responsibilities to keep the Design-Build project on schedule and within budget.
- Research and create presentations where needed to communicate between owner and design builder.
- Day to day oversight of design and engineering process of the new expansion building and the connections with the existing building and new transformer building.
- Monitor design deliverables, responses, milestones, and deadlines for the PMO to execute.
- Oversight of PMO multi-discipline design and engineering reviews of drawings and specifications for quality, completion, accuracy, coordination and program compliance. Disciplines include architecture/interior design, mechanical, electrical, structural, enclosure, AV, IT, signage/graphic design.
- Write and edit final review summaries of multi-discipline reviews.
- Collaborate daily with the design-build teams providing feedback, clarifications, owner responses, etc. Coordinate responses closely with PMO management, engineers, builders.
- Attend detail mock-ups with/for owner on-site and off-site.
- For architecture and engineering topics, draft response letters of direction to design-builder on multi-discipline design and engineering issues.
- Support and work collaboratively with the PMO budget and scheduling managers.
- Provide input and necessary documentation and input on change orders and cost estimation efforts.
- Provide design and engineering interpretation as well as graphics and specifications for changes and sketch developments.
- Verify and confirm scope of work, program compliance, and estimates for change orders as well as PMO cost estimates.
- Review completion of work for monthly requisition.
- Support PMO’s coordination of agency approvals for DASNY, DOS, FDNY, sign-off.
- Manage, organize, and attend regular meetings between Owner (CCOC and CCDC), design-builder, consultants, and PMO documenting minutes, and filing records and documentation in PMO and eBuilder files.
- Weekly Project Coordination Meeting with Design-Builder.
- Design and Engineering work sessions with Design-Builder.
- Envelope meetings with Design-BuilderPMO Internal.
- Internal PMO Team Meeting.
- Weekly RFI meeting, for PMO responses from internal engineers and construction team.
- Change Order/Cost Estimation Meetings.
- Schedule Review Meetings.
- Design Reviews.
- Design Presentations and Reviews
- CCOC weekly meeting to review design issues, RFI’s, change orders, etc.
- Owner monthly reporting meeting with CCOC and CCDC.
- Mock-ups and testing Reviewed by Owner and PMO.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture, or a closely related field is highly preferred.
- Fifteen plus years of experience in large project Architecture, Engineering, and/or Management.
- Registered Architect in New York.
- New York City experience is required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Bluebeam, eBuilder, CAD/BIM software is necessary for the role.
- Familiarity is required of Project Program Requirements, Concept Design, SD, DD and CD drawing sets to provide ongoing review and development of key shop drawings, change orders, and sketches of added scope of work.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
Have more questions? Chat with a Recruiter on our careers website! It takes five minutes to apply to this job and we will provide feedback within five business days.
CUMMING is an equal opportunity employer, fully committed to attracting, retaining, developing, and promoting the most qualified team members without regard to race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic, including physical or mental disability, to the extent protected by applicable federal, state or local law.