Davis Wright Tremaine
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Trademark Clearance and Prosecution Contract Attorney - Mid-Level - New York City
at Davis Wright Tremaine
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is searching for one or more part-time contract attorneys in the New York area to support the media practice with trademark clearance and prosecution matters. Our media practice serves many well-known national companies, including major media, entertainment, and technology brands. The position requires a minimum of seven years of experience in trademark clearance, counseling, prosecution, and enforcement. Responsibilities will include a high volume of trademark clearance searching, preparing reports, and opinion letters.
Attorneys with prior experience in medium/large firms who are looking for more flexible hours are encouraged to apply. The engagement will be on a part-time basis at 20-29 hours per week with the ability to work remotely. A basic home office set up will be provided.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 7+ years of experience in trademark clearance, counseling, prosecution, and enforcement in a large law firm, boutique firm or in-house setting;
- Availability to work an average of 20-29 hours per week. Subject to deadlines and certain time constraints, the attorney could largely set their own "office hours";
- Ability to work remotely, with availability to come into the New York office as needed;
- Availability for occasional, limited travel. This is a flexible requirement and can be discussed as the need arises;
- Strong writing skills and the ability to work effectively with a variety of stakeholders, both within DWT and the client;
- High attention to detail, strong organizational abilities, and exceptional time management skills.
The attorney will be classified as a contract attorney and will be employed by DWT. This position is a non-partnership track, non-benefited role that would be up to 29 hours per week, compensated by chargeable hour. The rate of compensation will commensurate with experience level. The initial project term will be for six months, with the possibility of renewal at the end of the initial six-month term.
To apply, please upload a cover letter addressed to Ginni Chen, DWTSurge Program Manager; resume; and a writing sample (10 pages max). We would appreciate you specifying how you heard about this position. All replies are confidential.
We are not accepting third-party recruiter submissions at this time.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities.
We are committed to creating and cultivating a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.