Discovery Communications, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager, Studio and Field Operations
at Discovery Communications, LLC
- Requisition ID
- US-NY-New York City
- Career Category
- Programming & Production
- Company Employee Full-Time
Discovery Inc is looking for a Manager of Studio & Field Operations to work in our Chelsea Market office in New York.
1. Total oversight of facility studios, both scheduling and general maintenance.
2. Assessment of client needs and project detail to determine the proper camera, lenses, lighting and audio equipment needed.
3. Prep and Pack all gear for each project, on site and off.
4. Work with various departments within the company to maintain functionality of equipment; coordinate with outside vendors for repair.
5. Coordinate equipment routine service, software/firmware updates, recalls.
6. Maintain inventory control; manage the equipment schedule using internal scheduling software.
7. Serve as vendor liaison for purchases and rentals.
8. Provide general technical support as needed in the following roles:
• Lighting Technician and Console Operator
• Camera Operator
• Stage Manager
• Production- Still Image Photographer
9. Studio facility design and implementation when needed.
* Minimum 7 years experience in studio and/or field production operations.
* Hands-on experience with production equipment.
* Personnel management experience preferred.
* Working knowledge of broadcast cameras, field cameras, lenses, audio, wireless communications, lighting and grip, media file specifications, recording formats and file delivery and management.
* Familiarity with Outlook, Excel, Sketchup and/or AutoCAD.
* Ability to interface with creatives, recognize creative visions, communicate solutions effectively.
* Ability to determine technical needs for various production scenarios, various platforms.
* Ability to juggle multiple projects in various stages simultaneously.
* Must be a self-starter, proactive, quick-thinking, work with minimal supervision.
* Some work shifts outside of standard required, including weekends.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York City, New York, NYC, NY