Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Technical Designer
- US-NY-New York
GIII Apparel Group is a leading manufacturer and distributor of apparel and accessories under licensed brands, owned brands and private label brands with an entrepreneurial culture that flows throughout the comprehensive portfolio of over 30 licensed and proprietary brands, including Andrew Marc, Calvin Klein, Donna Karan, Kenneth Cole, Cole Haan, Tommy Hilfiger, Karl Lagerfeld, Levi's, Dockers, Vince Camuto, Kensie, and G.H. Bass, among others.
GIII also has licenses with the four major professional sports leagues, as well as over 100 U.S. colleges and universities. In addition, G-III currently designs, manufactures and markets an extensive range of apparel, including outerwear, dresses, sportswear, beachwear, women's suits and women's performance wear, as well as luggage and women's handbags, small leather goods and various accessories.
GIII Apparel Group is currently seeking an Assistant Technical Designer to join it's Private Label team based in New York City!
- Maintains and updates all technical files and WIP reports
- Communicates daily via email with overseas vendors re: fit, specs, grading issues and construction via fit comments
- Schedules and communicates internal fittings based on sample flow
- Prepares for daily fittings: measures fit samples, analyzes construction prior to fitting, analyzes discrepancies with Technical Designer prior to fittings
- Takes fit notes during fittings
- Tracks and ships samples; receives and logs all incoming/outgoing samples
- Maintains sample closet
- Interacts daily with Design and Production teams
- College or Technical Degree in Patternmaking or/and Technical Design, preferred
- At least one year fulltime work experience in technical design/patternmaking, required
- Lectra patternmaking software experience, an asset
- Confident verbal and written communication skills, required
- Expert technical skill proficiency using MS Office: Excel, Word
- Expert technical skill proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator
- Keen attention to detail and ability to multi-task competitng priorities to meet deadline