Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- US-NY-New York
GIII Apparel Group is a leading manufacturer and distributor of apparel and accessories under licensed brands, owned brands and private label brands with an entrepreneurial culture that flows throughout the comprehensive portfolio of over 30 licensed and proprietary brands, including Andrew Marc, Calvin Klein, Donna Karan, Kenneth Cole, Cole Haan, Tommy Hilfiger, Karl Lagerfeld, Levi's, Dockers, Vince Camuto, Kensie, and G.H. Bass, among others.
GIII also has licenses with the four major professional sports leagues, as well as over 100 U.S. colleges and universities. In addition, G-III currently designs, manufactures and markets an extensive range of apparel, including outerwear, dresses, sportswear, beachwear, women's suits and women's performance wear, as well as luggage and women's handbags, small leather goods and various accessories.
GIII Apparel Group is currently seeking a Handbag Designer to join it's New York City based team!
- Handbag sketching and executes design
- Research current trends and forecast evolution on said trends within our brand identity
- Apply findings from research (including blog, magazine, store, street-style, vintage exploration) to a seasonally relevant, cohesive collection that is well balanced in fabrication and thoroughly merchandised
- Generate full tech-packs with clear silhouette, garment construction, and trim information to overseas factories
- Manage full style revisions to SRS
- Review sample ticket for srs and hand offs to Product Development
- Managed sample rounds and email communicates with factories through SRS
- Create and maintains photo tech pack library
- Create sample ticket for SRS (import style pic, material, trim, color, hardware, lining, edge, stitch) based on CADs
- Create entire line for sign-off and placement for factories
- Partners with Product Development assistant and Production for PP/TOP approval
- Partners with Sr. Graphic Designer on HW, print and novelty
- 5+ years of Industry experience (including retail, wholesale, pattern drafting + draping, print design.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Design
- Handbag experience and interest a must
- Action oriented
- Timely decision making
- Functional/Technical skills