Esurance Insurance Services, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Field Auto Appraiser (New York Metropolitan Area)
at Esurance Insurance Services, inc.
- Job ID
Esurance is looking for a Field Auto Appraiser to join a dynamic and award-winning team of individuals who are committed to making insurance smarter, easier, and dare we say- cooler. As part of a growing company that is focused on providing an outstanding customer experience, you’ll have the opportunity to expand your skills and discover your potential.
If you’re looking for a career at a socially conscious company that offers great benefits — including matching 401k and tuition reimbursement — then you may have just found your new home.
Esurance combines the spunk of a startup company with the backing of Allstate (the largest publicly held personal lines insurer in the U.S.) to create a unique, energized, and exciting place to work.
Under limited supervision, completes personal auto, recreational or marine and motorcycle damage appraisals within assigned territory, and delivers a high level of customer service to all Esurance customers.
- Completes repair estimates in the field using various computer based estimating systems in assigned territory
- Accurately determines repair versus total loss decisions based on state regulations
- Completes total loss valuations with a focus on accurate conditioning, mileage options, refurbishments and pre-existing damage to determine the actual cash value
- Utilizes CCC One systems to download, upload, and review estimates
- Appraise vehicles based on Esurance guidelines
- Utilizes digital photography to document all material damage for the file, in addition to documenting vehicle identification, condition, mileage, options for total losses
- Documents files to include all key activities regarding damages, estimates and repairs; as well as all customer interactions.
- Creates appraisals for minor to severe damages with little to no assistance from management
- Resolves internal and external customer inquiries
- Explains repair processes to customers and shops to include sheet metal repair/replacement, frame repair/replacement, refinish processes and mechanical operations
- Uses Industry resources to properly document repair processes and reach agreed prices with customers and repair facilities
- Maintain required licensing and complete continuing education based on assigned territory
- Participate in relevant job related training on new vehicle technology, estimating best practices, company processes and industry trends.
- Assists management with special projects such as peer mentoring, team calibration, claim volume management and CAT work and basic management duties as needed.
- Competently perform job duties and tasks to meet our exceed Corporate Goals and Objectives
- Responsible for completing appraisal estimates of up to $10,000 with limited manager oversight
- Daily travel within assigned territory is required
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills, able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently
- Demonstrated ability to work competently within assigned authority level as measured by managers’ audits against Esurance standards
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with both internal and external customers
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure and within a collaborative team oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written with strong analytical skills
- Excellent customer service and solid negotiation skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) and claims related software programs
- Must be able to travel daily within assigned geographical areas; if primarily assigned to CAT events, must be able to travel up to 75% of the year
Experience / Education:
- Three to Five years auto estimating experience required
- State licensing for assigned territory required
- ASE’s B6 Coll: Estimating required
- Prior I-CAR courses or job related industry certifications preferred
- Training on writing motorcycle, recreational vehicle or marine equipment preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education preferred
Background Check / Licensing:
As part of the hiring process at Esurance, a pre-employment background check for all new hires will be run which includes employment, education, and criminal verifications. Additionally, for licensed positions you will be required to obtain and maintain licensure in one or more states which includes fingerprinting and an FBI check which will go back as far as your history allows. Your ability to obtain and maintain employment will be contingent on your ability to be licensed in all required states. Failure to obtain and maintain those licenses may affect your employment status.
- Start Date:
- Training Hours:
- Training Length (Paid):
- Training Location:
- Work Schedule:
- Job Location (Onsite or Work from Home):
At Esurance, being committed to our employees is not just something we say, it’s something we do. Our benefits package is designed to help our associates stay healthy, meet their long-term financial goals, and balance the demands of work and personal life. Esurance rewards hard work, dedication, and creativity with competitive salaries and a generous bonus system. We are committed to our employees and we are dedicated to creating a diverse, positive, innovative and team-oriented work environment.
Health & wellness
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Life Insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment coverage
- Wellness tools and coaching
- Group critical illness coverage
- Accident indemnity and hospital indemnity plans
- Group legal
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Identity Protection
- 401(k) plan with annual matching contribution
- Choice Dollars
- Referral bonuses
- Performance-rewarding bonus system
- Tuition assistance program (up to $5,250 per year)
- Health savings and flexible spending accounts
- Commuter benefits
Family & community
- Adoption assistance
- Buckle Up Baby program
- Pet insurance discount
- Charitable gift matching
- Give Time, Get Time volunteer program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off (holidays, vacation, personal days)
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability (employee-paid option)