Family Residences and Essential Enterprises, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Day Rehabilitation Specialist (ILST)
at Family Residences and Essential Enterprises, inc.
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Direct Care
The Independent Living Skills Coach teaches individual recovering from Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI) to get back to the most indpendent way of life possible. Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)skills development in areas such as budgeting and managing finances, medication management, shopping, navigating the community and organizational skills are emphasized This is a great opportunity for growth within the human services field.
Under the supervision of the Asst.Director, the Independent Living Skills Coach is responsible for assisting Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Waiver participants in becoming more independent in performing Activities of Daily Living (ADLs). ILST services are individually designed to improve the ability of the participant to live as independently as possible in the community. ILST services may include training, supervision or assistance for an individual with post-TBI challenges related to self-care, medication management, task completion, communication skills, interpersonal skills, socialization, mobility, community transportation skills, problem solving skills, money management, pre-vocational skills and skills to maintain a household.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
- Conduct comprehensive functional assessments of waiver participants, identifying participants' strengths and challenges
- Implement Detailed Goal Plans derived from the functional assessment and monitor progress on goals
- Complete session notes for all encounters with participants
- Complete Individual Service Reports (ISRs) and Goal Plans biannually and as needed
- Attend treatment team meetings on a biannual basis and as needed
- Maintain communication with DOH interdisciplinary team members
- Provide transportation support as needed
- Provide services in the home and in the community.
“Independent Living Skills Training (ILST)
ILST services are individually designed to improve the ability of the participant to live as independently as possible. ILST services may be provided in the participant’s home and/or in the community. ILST services may include, but are not limited to, assessment, training, and supervision of, or assistance with, matters related to self-care, medication management, task completion, communication and interpersonal skills, socialization, community transportation skills, money management, and problem solving skills.”
- Bachelor's Degree required
- At least two years of experience in a related field
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Valid New York Driver's License and meets the criteria to be an agency driver