Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
At Fareportal, we create the technology that is driving innovation in the travel industry - one of the world’s fastest-growing sectors. Our employees are the core of our organization and together we’re revolutionizing the way people book travel.
Our portfolio of brands including CheapOair and OneTravel receive over 100 million visitors annually and drive over $4 billion in annual revenue.
In addition to competitive pay and benefits, generous time off, and frequent company-wide social events, Fareportal provides employees with an environment that nurtures diversity, creativity, and success. Our open and Agile workspace gives our employees the time and space for collaboration, brainstorming, and research and development. At Fareportal, you’ll be challenged, rewarded, and motivated to work effectively day in and day out.
The Director - IT is a senior IT Operations leadership role and is responsible for the implementation and operations of critical technology infrastructures for the company. They include but are not limited to cloud operations, platform operations, data center management, global compute and storage services, Active Directory and Office 365. The role is also responsible for user support/help desk and workstation management for the US, Canada, Mexico, and Ukraine call centers and office.
This operational role requires capabilities and working experience across a wide variety of IT disciplines and is comfortable working across and with other technology and business departments. The role includes continual health assessments of the critical IT infrastructure along with recommendations for systems upgrades, technology transition plans, and strategic project execution.
- Managing staffing, people development, succession planning, and IT skills assessment as per present and future needs;
- Developing prioritized program and project roadmaps, goals and deliverables, policies and procedures for the areas of responsibility within the supported geographies;
- Developing and maintaining standard operating procedures and documentation of IT processes as needed to support business operations; establishing and enforcing IT policies, processes, portfolio management, development standards, and methodologies;
- Defining, measuring, tracking and improving upon Service Level Agreements (SLA) for high availability, business continuity, and disaster recovery operations; ensure SLA delivery with the managed service teams (Internal/External);
- Reviewing and recommending vendors and managed service agreements for areas of responsibility;
- Managing vendor and related support contracts relationships for in-scope services, equipment, licenses, and subscriptions for IT needs;
- Collaborating with Finance to create, maintain and optimize the department’s IT budget;
- Collaborating with our Information Security team to deploy and maintain compliance with our policies and procedures;
- Providing vision and guidance on technology issues;
- Assisting in and/or developing strategic plans for key IT and IT-enabled business projects, including but not limited to preparing IT Investments proposals with comparative analysis, cost-benefit analysis, staffing, support, project timelines, communication strategy, and risks/issue tracking.
- Ensuring IT documentation and knowledge management is maintained for continual learning.
- Working with a peer(s) in India in creating and updating all IT policies, SOPs and processes to ensure consistency across the whole company.
- Ensure IT Infrastructure Change Management is enforced for all IT changes.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent experience
- At least 10 years of demonstrated leadership responsibility for day to day operations in an extremely customer-focused environment; Significant experience reducing complex operations into production tasks and making them into repeatable processes.
- Proven track record in leading organizations that manage the technology infrastructure.
- Experience in program and project management with project budget oversight.
- Proven experience with ITIL-like standards and/or best-practice frameworks.
Skills: Technical and management experience in:
- Windows Operating Systems, Linux a plus
- Virtualization and Platform
- Blade technology, servers
- Enterprise Storage solutions
- Automation (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
- Cloud (Azure, AWS)
- Office 365
- Experienced in End-User Technologies e.g. devices and services including:
- Systems (desktops, laptops, thin clients) installations and configuration.
- COTS application installation, configuration & testing
- Systems hardening and policy implementation.
- Vendor & support coordination
- Experience in security technologies, security controls, and tools implementations
- IT Strategy & Planning: Ability to prioritize a few strategic IT projects to deliver business results and execute them on time, within the scope and agreed upon costs. Provide long term operational support for all newly delivered projects.
- Demonstrated experience in IT Operations Management with competence in designing and managing key service management processes (e.g. incident, problem, change, release, service continuity, and others).
- 10+ Years’ experience in developing know-how of using industry standard tools for IT Service Management.
- Project Management skills in developing project plans with a focus on critical tasks and minimizing the interdependencies among projects for smooth.
- Working knowledge of IT audits & compliance, team building, new team hiring & augmentation, business relationship management & vendor relationship management
- Excellent communication and technical presentations skills along with the ability to drive change in the organization as per needs. Ability to manage conflict and work constructively in fast-changing environments.
- Problem-solving skills and projects experience in continuous improvement and operational excellence projects