Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
The IT Engineer position is an individual contributor role and part of the IT Engineering & Operations group responsible for the architecture, design, implementation and project management of the company’s internal and cloud-based infrastructure. Key focus areas of the position include:
- Continuous Innovation: Continually look at emerging technologies and assess whether they are the right fit for Fareportal, with emphasis on creating cost savings and/or value-creation opportunities;
- Technical Design: Design new hardware, software and network solutions based on the requirements and feedback of the business stakeholders. Redesign or refresh existing solutions to realign and meet our ever-changing business needs. Prepare and maintain architectural and design documentation of the company’s infrastructure, both internal and cloud based.
- Project Management: Owns IT Engineering projects and ensures that the solutions are delivered in a timely manner within the resource, budgetary and timeframe requirements.
- Implementation: Ensure that the implementation of new solutions or the implementation of redesigned existing solutions is done in a quality way, work hand-in-hand with vendors and other internal departments.
- Level 3 Technical Support: Provide advanced subject matter expertise and level 3 support services to the IT Operations teams.
- Vendor Management: Manage relationships and work with vendors to escalate complex issues when appropriate; evaluation of vendor/supplier proposals.
- Capacity Planning: Ensure capacity planning is reviewed on a regular basis in conjunction with other stakeholders. Coordinate and work collaboratively with other departments in order to understand and meet business requirements.
- Budgeting & Forecasting Support: Contribute to budgetary requirements for new solutions or existing solution upgrades/replacements.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity: Contribute to business continuity and disaster recovery (DR) plans and initiates routine review and testing of DR plans.
- SME troubleshooting skills
- Capacity planning
- Solution architecture/designing
- Project management & delivery
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure technologies, networking and cloud-based services
- Experience with high availability, high transaction volume technical environments; familiarity with online retail/commerce technology stacks.
- Graduate/ IT Diploma with minimum of 10 years of in-depth infrastructure experience.
- Minimum 5 years of leadership experience in leading IT teams
- Minimum 5 years of leading projects