First Republic Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Commercial Real Estate Analyst
at First Republic Bank
- Job Locations
- US-NY-New York
Commercial Real Estate Analyst
New York, NY
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Relationship Management Team Support, we document, process and underwrite both residential and commercial loans. We provide exceptional client service to internal and external partners. We support our Relationship Managers in all aspects of the loan process to ensure that we are delivering a seamless lending experience to our clients.
The Commercial Real Estate Analyst performs in depth but succinct annual analysis of commercial real estate loans and potentially business banking loans. The purpose of the review is to ensure loans are adequately performing and that each loan is assigned an appropriate loan grade and reserve. This position works collectively with Credit personnel, Relationship Managers and Business Bankers. In addition to recommending loan grade changes, this role is responsible for presenting verbal and written updates on criticized loans to the Special Assets Committee at least quarterly.
What you’ll do as a Commercial Real Estate Analyst:
- Complete annual commercial real estate and business banking loan reviews. Recommend and support appropriate loan risk grades.
- Identify and escalate problem credits to Senior Management and Executive Loan Committee.
- Assess debt service capacity for FRB’s largest and most complex borrower relationships by conducting global cash flow analyses.
- Responsible for further improving loan monitoring reporting for Senior Management.
- Assess and approve annual reviews of cash secured and auto renewable SBLCs.
- Research and conduct independent projects to enhance analysis efficiency and accuracy of databases
- Assist RM/BB with preparation of approval materials for covenant waivers or modifications where these actions are appropriate.
- Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities or as assigned by supervisor.
- Participate in the development of department policies and/or procedures and assist with client specific projects as assigned.
- Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with the applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-money laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, US PATRIOT Act, etc.) 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting suspicious activity to the AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
What skills you will use:
- 2-5 years of experience in commercial real estate credit analysis.
- Must have experience with the following types of commercial real estate:
- Business Banking experience a plus.
- An undergraduate degree with the following competencies:
- Business Finance and Accounting to ensure proficiency with interpretation of financial statements, financial trends and, global cash flow analysis.
- Proficient with all financial statements (Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Cash Flow Statement).
- Significant loan monitoring and loan grading expertise.
- Proficiency in legal terminology and documentation to ensure approved loan terms are correctly interpreted and captured for monitoring.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as analytical, mathematical, and reasoning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with contacts across lines of business / clients.
- Technical aptitude with AFS Level III, Word, Excel and Outlook; knowledge of Access is a plus.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.