First Republic Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Student Loan Refinance Specialist
at First Republic Bank
- Job Locations
- US-NY-New York
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
Eagle Lending is responsible for student loan refinancing, professional loan programs, home equity lines of credit and small business loans. We provide high-touch service and customized products designed around our clients’ needs. From refinancing student loan debt to buying a home, our team is leading the way for innovation at First Republic.
See service from a higher perspective
As a Student Loan Refinance Specialist, you’ll help First Republic pursue a unique and significant opportunity to expand consumer banking relationships through our student loan refinancing product (SLR). SLR allows individuals to consolidate their student loan debt into one simple monthly payment, at a highly competitive rate. Our goal is to build and sustain a long-term relationship with clients who begin their experience with First Republic through SLR. By offering best-in-class products and extraordinary service, you will help solidify First Republic as the preferred bank of our next generation of clients.
What you’ll do as a Student Loan Refinance Specialist:
- Identify potential borrowers for the SLR product through referrals from marketing events, social media channels and other clients.
- Vet and complete initial analysis on new applications and ensure that complete packages are submitted to the Credit Analyst team for underwriting.
- During the loan application process, act as the liaison between clients, Credit Analysts and Executive Loan Committee members at First Republic.
- Once a client has been approved for an SLR loan, introduce the client to a full-service Relationship Manager who can assist the client with any other banking needs and ensure a smooth transition to First Republic.
- Provide high-quality service and support to help Eagle Lending Relationship Managers service clients.
- Provide data and reports as well as individual transaction information to Eagle Lending Account Executives.
- Deliver daily client support such as answering general questions on products and procedures, collecting completed paperwork and sending a full loan package for underwriting, following up on missing documents with borrowers, and answering borrowers’ questions about their loans upon being funded.
- Provide direct support to Eagle Lending Account Executives in deposit and lending activities, and support efforts at cross-selling to Eagle Lending clients.
- Ensure that all borrowers are aware of how First Republic deposit services, lending products, and wealth management services and products can help them achieve their financial goals.
- Create and maintain monthly reports to track the frequency of client contact, the services and products successfully offered to each client, and any additional services that can still be offered to each client.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Two years of business or private banking experience
- Experience with consumer lending
- An energetic, polished, confident, outgoing and proactive style
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and a high sense of urgency
- The ability to build relationships with key stakeholders across the organization and a successful track record of servicing clients
- A bachelor’s degree (business/finance focus preferred)
- A passion for extraordinary service
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hardworking team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.