Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Vice President/ Senior Vice President Corporate Affairs, New York
at Fleishman Hillard
# of Openings:
FleishmanHillard is the world’s most complete global communications firm, specializing in public relations, public affairs, marketing, paid media, transmedia and social content.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
The New York office has an immediate opening in our growing Corporate practice for an energetic, self-starting experienced vice president/ senior vice president with a strong background in issues and crisis. The VP/SVP will work within a collaborative team supporting clients on issue/crisis preparedness and response as well as proactive reputation management initiatives.
- Managing top-tier global clients, projects and agency teams day to day.
- Leading development and implementation of corporate communications strategy, programs and plans, with a focus on issue, reputation and crisis management.
- Managing agency response team in times of client issues/crisis.
- Developing strategic plans, messaging, media materials and digital/social content.
- Handling financial aspects of the business to ensure client projects are completed on budget and on time.
- Assisting with building new agency offerings and generating new business.
- Collaborating across the FH global network, including various geographies, practice areas and industry sectors.
- 10+ years of public relations agency experience, with an emphasis on issues management, reputation management and/or crisis communications.
- Proven experience managing direct client interaction and providing strategic counsel.
- Proven ability to manage large accounts with multiple work streams.
- Experience with and ability for rapid response.
- Proven ability to develop compelling, insight-based strategic proposals and present them effectively and persuasively.
- Excellent writing and editing abilities with extensive experience in all forms of corporate and executive communication, from corporate news releases to executive talking points.
- Experience pitching issues, business and corporate stories to top-tier and trade media outlets.
- Experience with digital media and social networking tactics and program development.
- Experience with research and analytics to develop and support recommendations.
- A detail-oriented approach, with the ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- An ability to work well within a team environment, complementing senior leads and managing junior staff.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism or related field.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home five Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at http://www.fleishmanhillard.com/.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
FleishmanHillard will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.