Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Analytics Systems Developer - Equities Electronic Trading
at Goldman Sachs
- Job ID
- Schedule Type
- Full Time
- Vice President/Executive Director
- Business Unit
- Operations Engineering
- Employment Type
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Design, build and maintain a high-performance, high-availability, high-capacity, yet nimble and adaptive platform for transaction cost analytics and execution research
- Develop highly reliable data ingestion processes to consume large volumes of data emitted by trading and market data systems.
- Design distributed computation infrastructure and libraries to run parallelized queries over large volumes of data.
- Design, build and maintain applications to monitor performance of trading strategies in relation to the market in real time.
- Use data to guide decision-making, developing or enhancing tools as necessary to collect it.
- Communication with traders, sales, clients and compliance officers about new feature requests, explanation of existing features etc.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent experience
- 1 to 2 years of professional experience in a data engineering/analytics role
- Prior Experience with Python/Java/Scala based large scale streaming data analytics and storage solutions
- Strong knowledge of object oriented programming, data structures, algorithms and design patterns
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in data driven performance analysis and optimizations.
- Experience building streaming data processing and ingestion pipelines
- Experience building distributed data processing systems which handle a high volume of client queries
- Knowledge and Experience with KDB
- Experience with Equities transaction and market data, Transaction Cost Analysis
- Prior experience building systems used by multiple technical and non-technical teams
- Over 3 years' experience in Financial industry
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.