Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CIMD, GSAM, Institutional Sales & Client Relationship Management Analyst - Sydney/Melbourne
at Goldman Sachs
- Job ID
- Schedule Type
- Full Time
- Business Development, Sales
- Asia Except Japan
- Consumer and Investment Management Division
- Business Unit
- APEJ Institutional
- Employment Type
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Consumer and Investment Management (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world’s leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today’s dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world’s leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
GSAM Distribution teams work to develop and execute thoughtful investment solutions for institutional and third party clients (retail) across the globe. Our diverse client base includes corporate and public superannuation funds, sovereign wealth funds, foundations and endowments, insurers, financial institutions, governments, private banks and sub-advisors. Relationship teams cover a broad spectrum of products across all asset classes, including hedge funds, private equity, fixed income and equities.
The Australian Institutional Sales team develops long term relationships with sovereign wealth funds, superannuation funds, insurers and financial institutions to understand their objectives and provide relevant global GSAM solutions.
This is an Analyst level role and an opportunity to join the Institutional Distribution team and work with a vast number of global product and sales teams within GSAM. We require an organized, efficient person with exceptional attention to detail who is able to multi-task and prioritise in order to support our institutional sales and client relationship management teams across Sydney and Melbourne.
This role involves a significant amount of data management and organizational work. There will also be the opportunity over time to attend client and prospect meetings with product and investment professionals. This position will report to Executive Director Institutional Sales for GSAM Australia
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Working collaboratively with the broader GSAM platform, specifically sales and client service professionals, portfolio management, and the global consultant relations team.
- Supporting business development activities, including by undertaking market research and competitor analysis.
- Providing on-going client service support, including the delivery of regular portfolio reporting as well as responding to ad-hoc requests, due diligence questionnaires and surveys.
- Coordinating the development of presentation and briefing materials for client and prospect meetings.
- Assisting the delivery of internal business performance reporting and responses to senior management reporting requests.
- Overseeing the distribution of regular communications and event invitations to clients and prospects.
- Contributing toward the development and execution of the Australian institutional business strategy and cross-regional strategic initiatives.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Strong interpersonal skills: Ability to build the trust and confidence of colleagues, strengthen relationships through ongoing dialogue and interactions, and collaborate well with others to meet client needs.
- Effective communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Highly organised, effective multi-tasker and strong attention to detail.
- Solutions oriented and strong problem solving skills.
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic and an appetite to get involved in all aspects of this diverse role within the team.
- A real interest in the financial markets, portfolio management and wealth creation.
- Unwavering ethical standards.
- Strong academic credentials (Bachelor's degree at the minimum).
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.