Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Goldman Sachs
- Job ID
- Schedule Type
- Full Time
- Consumer and Investment Management Division
- Business Unit
- Fixed Income & Currencies
- Employment Type
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The High Yield & Bank Loan (HYBL) Corporate Credit research team is seeking a Corporate Credit Analyst (Analyst or Associate level) to join the team in the Bengaluru office. The HYBL Corporate Credit Analyst will be an integral part of GSAM’s Corporate Credit team, which manages over $100bn of dedicated assets.
The HYBL Corporate credit research team is responsible for making investment decisions in a variety of accounts and contributes its ideas to global fixed income portfolios. The investment approach relies on a foundation of fundamental research conducted by a team of analysts.
The Credit Analyst will be responsible for supporting senior credit analysts on the global HYBL research team who are developing investment recommendations for a range of portfolios. A successful candidate must demonstrate commitment to a team-oriented culture and a strong enthusiasm for investment research. Financial modeling, communication and research skills, as well as an outstanding critical thinking mindset are also essential for the role.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Working alongside senior analysts to follow assigned industries and credits.
- Performing ongoing due diligence and monitoring of portfolio positions and communicating updates in a timely fashion (orally and in writing) to team members across the globe.
- Building and maintaining financials models and other investment-related infrastructure that supports our credit recommendations and investment.
- Analyzing and ranking issuers via financial analysis, evaluation of industry positioning, assessment of management and strategy and other factors.
- Supporting investment recommendations for a range of portfolios (e.g., with different risk appetites, restrictions on currencies/countries) and defending those recommendations in both oral and written communication with portfolio managers.
- Analyzing companies via financial modeling, accounting review, covenant analysis, assessment of management’s communications, assessment of third-party research, and interacting with management and sell-side analysts, among others
- Performing ongoing due diligence and monitoring of portfolio positions and key credits, and communicating updates in a timely fashion (orally and in writing).
- Working with the Corporate Credit team to identify global relative value and share investment ideas.
- Engaging in ad-hoc research, thematic and analytic projects
- Pre or Post MBA with relevant experience in financial sector is required
- Prior experience in investing or credit analysis or a related discipline (accounting, banking, financial modeling) is strongly preferred
- Solid accounting and finance knowledge with a keen ability to analyze financial statements
- Strong financial modeling skills with good mathematical grounding
- Strong communication and presentation skills (oral and written)
- Self-starter and resourceful with a passion for investing and investment research
- CFA study (at any level) a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.