Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Engineering - Securities - Execution Research – Analyst/Associate - Bengaluru
at Goldman Sachs
- Job ID
- Schedule Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Quant/Strats
- Business Unit
- EQ Elec Exec Svcs/Strats
- Employment Type
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
EQUITY EXECUTION SERVICES, CONSULTING & QUANT RESEARCH
The team is part of the Equities 1-D strats and is primarily responsible of pre-trade analytics, execution research, marketing materials, market microstructure studies, impact analysis of structural or regulatory changes, transaction cost modeling (TCM), post-trade analysis of execution quality and other quantitative investigations of interest to both the agency and principal execution desks.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Duties & Responsibilities
We are looking for a highly motivated professional to join our Equities Execution Research & Services team serving Asia Equities markets. The team works closely with the Sales Trading, Electronic Trading (GSET) and Program Trading (PT) coverage teams, to provide data and perform analyses in response to client requests, related to market events or driven by developments in our service offering. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Client requests for post-trade, deep-dives and one-off analyses
- Working with large, noisy, high-dimensional real-world datasets using statistical techniques
- Exploratory investigations of performance and workflow inefficiencies
- Tools for the automation of recurring requests and other research initiatives
- Authoring of reports and presentations for sales, coverage and GS clients
- Sound judgement, responsible and with solid work ethic
- Strong background in a science, engineering or econometrics field of study (e.g. Mathematics/ Statistics/ Business Analytics/ Financial Engineering/ Computer Science – preferred but not mandatory).
- Strong quantitative and problem solving skills with focus on the ability to formulate hypotheses, test them and distil them into practical models for use in trading algorithms, pre/post trade analysis, market-microstructure research, visualization etc.
- Strong base in probability and statistics.
- Strong programming skills using modern languages e.g. C++/Java/Scala/Python.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present results highlighting the broader commercial and strategic impact.
- Required to work with significant volumes of data and systems.
- Ability to work in collaborative and time-sensitive environment
Preferred candidates will possess
- 1+ years in financial services/ related domain
- Data science and machine learning background i.e. ability to perform data scrubbing, preprocessing, exploratory analysis, hypotheses testing, model fitting etc. and familiarity with recent machine learning frameworks/libraries
- Familiarity with financial markets, products, sales and trading a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.