Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operations - CIMD Operations - GSAM Ops - Portfolio & Data Control - Analyst -Bengaluru
at Goldman Sachs
- Job ID
- Schedule Type
- Full Time
- Business Unit
- Portfolio & Data Control
- Employment Type
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Our Reconciliation team is looking for a professional to play a key role in safeguarding the Firm’s reputation by ensuring clients positions & Portfolio information are maintained appropriately on our institutional client accounts.
Portfolio Data and Control team has primary responsibility for all aspects of portfolio control, accounting, cash management and client reporting. This is undertaken for a wide range of clients and a complex product range covering equities, fixed income, currency and derivatives. In this the team supports Portfolio Managers and Traders, Sales and Marketing and Client Service professionals by providing accurate and timely client account information.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is the investment management arm providing global investment opportunities to a substantial and diversified client base including institutions, governments and high net worth individuals. GSAM has become one of the pre-eminent investment management organisations globally, with responsibility for over $800bn assets under management.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
JOB SUMMARY AND RESPONSBILITIES
- Processing, controlling, confirming and settling the firm’s and our client’s transactions to a high quality standard as well as internally generated transactions necessary to conduct business.
- Contributing to the development of the methods to improve processes and controls.
- Obtaining sound understanding of a wide range of financial products and markets as well as broad knowledge of our systems, with emphasis on life cycle, market practices and regulations.
- Responding promptly to client and counterparty inquiries, committing to deliverables as well as undertaking ad hoc investigation and analysis, where this is appropriate.
- Complying with internal controls, policies and procedures and regularly reviewing and updating procedures and training documentation
Core Reconciliations Functions include the following :
- Daily Cash & Position Reconciliation with custodians & Prime Brokers.
- Daily Price/Position/Total Equity reconciliation for Futures and OTC derivatives products.
- Daily/Monthly Portfolio Market Value reconciliation with Fund administrators.
- Problem solving capability for complex trade flow, accounting issues and trade discrepanciesProcess analysis to improve control, scalability and efficiency
- Building relationships with outside financial institutions (brokers, clearing houses, prime broker, custodians and fund administrator) to improve quality and productivity of work, integrating best practices as appropriate.
- Enhance workflows to ad-here to all regulatory requirements
- Maintain team procedures and provide regular management reporting to senior Operations managers
- Bachelor's degree required
- Proficiency using the Microsoft Office Suite in particular Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Word
- Candidate must be proactive, enthusiastic and team oriented
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Good understanding of the financial industry
- Ability to interact well with people from multiple cultures
- Good PC skills – MS Office
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Strong organizational and time management skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.