Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operations, Investment Banking Operations, Analyst/Associate, Sydney
at Goldman Sachs
- Job ID
- Schedule Type
- Full Time
- Investment Banking, Operations
- Asia Except Japan
- Business Unit
- Investment Banking Operations
- Employment Type
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. Alongside this vital service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm’s assets and its reputation.
Operations span all product lines and markets, serving as internal business partners who develop the processes and controls, and help to specify the systems that deliver accuracy, timeliness and integrity to our business.
Investment Banking Operations provide operational support throughout the lifecycle of a Corporate Advisory or Financing Deal. The department is structured as five functional teams within Asia, Europe and the US. The teams are set up to manage each deal through logistics of marketing, deal execution, settlement and invoicing of fees and expenses.
This is a multi-faceted role across Syndicate Execution / Syndicate Operations and Corporate Loans Middle Office. Principal responsibilities gravitate around:
- ECM Syndicate execution and operational support across APAC markets – IPOs, block trades, convertible bonds
- Working on ECM transactions from pre-launch through to completion of all post pricing requirements
- Ensuring MNPI is handled sensitively according to the Compliance & Regulatory framework
- Ad hoc reports and analysis – regulatory and for the IBD team
- Providing a control framework to manage the operational risk of the business
- Orchestrating stock and cash movements associated with primary and secondary deal activity
- Providing support and advice to bankers with regards to operational processes impacting deal activity
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- You will sit on the ECM Syndicate desk in Sydney
- Ensure all required postings & underwriting approvals are in place prior to transaction launch
- Review of offering documentation for proper syndicate language
- Obtaining security identifiers, while also checking internal product files for proper set-up
- Announcing deals street wide and publish an internal calendar of pricings and settlements
- Ensuring all client allocations are booked and balanced before settlement date
- Booking of swing trades to facilitate share movements between internal accounts and balancing these accounts to ensure no money or position remain after value date
- Participating in a formal closing calls with Issuer, Registry, Investment Bankers, working parties to ensure a smooth settlement mechanism
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
The Ideal candidate for this position will have the following qualifications:
- Strong communication skills, able to clearly articulate complex ideas
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Effective team player, with the ability to build networks
- Self-starter, able to work towards targets with minimal supervision
- Commercial awareness, able to understand the impact of the role on client experience and firm profitability
- Ability to thrive under pressure
- Ability to drive projects and programs across the team
- Ability to use BI tools an advantage
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.