Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Securities, Equity Derivatives Trader, Analyst/Associate, New York
at Goldman Sachs
- Job ID
- Schedule Type
- Full Time
- Business Unit
- EQ Americas Trading
- Employment Type
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
We are looking for a quantitative trader for the Equity Derivatives team. Responsibilities include market making index, ETF, and single stock derivatives as well as risk managing the portfolio. The focus is on macro and emerging markets, and a passion for markets is important. Developing strong relationships with sales and clients makes our traders more effective making prices and managing risk.
Skills and Experience Required
- 1-4 years of Trading experience
- Excellent academic record, preferably in a quantitative field
- Some experience with options theory/options market making
- Ability to operate and handle risk in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Can employ creativity in problem solving
- Highly motivated, intellectually curious and an interest in working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Programming background a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.