Guardian News and Media Limited
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Guardian News and Media Limited
The Guardian is now looking for a Video Producer to join the New York team.
Normal location: New York, NY
Produce, shoot and edit news, features and other programming streams as required. Provide support and training as required.
Multimedia team, US editor, US news desk
- Conceive and produce original and commissioned video content, on- and off-diary
- Pitch original ideas and work in tandem with newsroom, interactive team and other reporters/editors to create strong video content
- Produce video packages using appropriate production techniques, writing and editing as appropriate and finding contributors and interviewees as well as other sources of material
- Act as a field producer, deploying and briefing correspondents and reporters as appropriate and assisting them in the preparation of digital content
- See content through to publication, self-publish where required, and ensure that output is correctly promoted across guardian.co.uk and other parts of GNM and on social media
- Keep abreast of and respond to upcoming events and editorial projects across Guardian US
- Suggest new angles on existing stories, means of moving a story on, and to put forward stories not yet covered
- Use all currently available technical resources to realize video ideas as effectively and efficiently as possible, to the highest professional standards, and within budget
- Liaise closely with other team members, GNM employees and contributors, working flexibly as required
- Be responsible for thinking through and around editorial problems, developing realistic alternative strategies and approaches
- Assist in tracking and maintaining video kit and facilities
- Understand GNM's multimedia video strategy, and suggest ideas compatible with its values, style
- and content
- Demonstrable production experience in news and feature video production
- Aptitude in scripting, editing and voicing video material
- Interest in and knowledge of internet video, and understanding of the differences between web video and traditional broadcast
- Strong general technical aptitude, with particular skill (and experience of) editing at speed on Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Experience in training basic video production, editing and presenting skills
- A thorough understanding of production methods used in online media production, including audio and graphics
- An awareness of the potential of new and upcoming technology.
- Interest in the editorial aims and values of Guardian News & Media Ltd
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent team working and interpersonal skills, building relationships with people at all levels, both internally and externally
- Ability to generate ideas, to transform creative ideas into reality, and to produce creative solutions to problems
- Ability to work under pressure
- A high standard of editorial judgment, writing ability and production skills
- Ability to use financial and technical resources to best effect and to manage video budgets
- Excellent planning and organizing skills